Franklin County vs Shelbyville BRAWL

phil24

1 hour ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

There are clips and videos all over the place.  Not hard to get video now a days.  Didn't Shelbyville get flagged for multiple unsportsmanlike penalties on late hits versus Page QB?  Ripped his helmet off once.  I am old and lucky enough to be around coaches in the area and things like coaches recruiting etc gets around via word of mouth. 

I guess they've recruited well past few years????

8 minutes ago, 91goldeneagle said:

I guess they've recruited well past few years????

Yeah these crazy comments and allegations are baseless and make no sense whatsoever. It’s a bunch of nonsense. I guess the haters come out when you get your program to such a consistent competitive level year in and year out. Maryville and Alcoa get this nonstop.

2 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Yeah these crazy comments and allegations are baseless and make no sense whatsoever. It’s a bunch of nonsense. I guess the haters come out when you get your program to such a consistent competitive level year in and year out. Maryville and Alcoa get this nonstop.

Pump the brakes. No where close to deserving that kind of slander.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Comparing Shelbyville to Maryville and Alcoa may be the most "Rediculous " and "clueless" comment ever.

47 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

No he’s not. He’s not biased in the least. He’s just speaking the truth as a diehard knowledgeable high school football fan who knows these programs and has tons of contacts in the game. 

Lol.  I watch his show and really enjoy it.  He does a great job and He is from that area. He never claims to be an unbiased reporter and I think him being an honest guy like I believe him to be that he would even admit to having a biased towards his home town teams. 

Anyway before I took us off topic which I apologize for I would like to ask a scenario.  Is i saw a report from Beres on NC 5 that TSSAA is investigating.  I believe the rule is if anyone leaves the sideline then that are ejected.  If that is enforced could these teams have to forfeit next week if there are a lot of players effected?

Didnt that happen to Overton a year or so ago.

Edited by BooWhoWiseMan

21 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Comparing Shelbyville to Maryville and Alcoa may be the most "Rediculous " and "clueless" comment ever.

Who’s comparing them to Maryville and Alcoa on the field? Good grief! Maryville, Alcoa, Oakland, etc. gets criticized annually for their wildly successful programs and people are all the time making snarky illegal recruiting references about them. That was my obvious point! No more than that. You referenced that about Shelbyville. Would you be doing so if they were not so successful in recent years?! Doubt it. Any man with a brain and common sense knows I wasn’t comparing their overall program to the big dogs. It was about your snarky comments that always happens towards successful programs only. Nothing more...don’t read so much into things when it’s clearly not meant that way.

2 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Who’s comparing them to Maryville and Alcoa on the field? Good grief! Maryville, Alcoa, Oakland, etc. gets criticized annually for their wildly successful programs and people are all the time making snarky illegal recruiting references about them. That was my obvious point! No more than that. You referenced that about Shelbyville. Would you be doing so if they were not so successful in recent years?! Doubt it. Any man with a brain and common sense knows I wasn’t comparing their overall program to the big dogs. It was about your snarky comments that always happens towards successful programs only. Nothing more...don’t read so much into things when it’s clearly not meant that way.

Never said anything about recruiting and Shelbyville has not been that successful for any amount of extended time.  Just saying

13 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Never said anything about recruiting and Shelbyville has not been that successful for any amount of extended time.  Just saying

Much much more successful in the recent 7 or 8 years! Annual playoff team and made two trips to the quarterfinals. Hosted numerous playoff games. Had quarterbacks and receivers break state records. Sent many to play college, including multiple to Division I schools. The consistency, which started around 8 years ago, is certainly there. It should continue too. Many, many programs around the state would love to have that consistency for a long while. Just saying. I’m sure, as with any good program, they will set lofty goals and continue to try to improve too. Never settle. But they’ve been pretty solid, specifically on offense, for a good number of seasons.