CLUB VOLLEYBALL TIME

Rockstar89

We have barely put the ball down from the school season and most clubs have already extended offers and/or begun having try-outs. For those that played in state, thats a quick turnaround. No rest for the weary! I wish there was a little more of a break, but I realize too that there is organization/planning that needs to be done before practices *actually* begin. Will be interesting to see what a club/travel season looks like in the Covid era. I know some saw a glimpse of one this past year, but I think the majority of kids had very little of a season. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2020 at 11:29 AM, TeeterTot2 said:

I'm curious of all the clubs in Tennessee that generates D1 players in the last couple years.  Please help with the ones I've missed.

Alliance - Nashville 

TPV - Nashville

K2 - Knoxville

(?) A5 - Chattanooga 

(?) Memphis Metro - Memphis

The biggest omission from this list is Memphis Juniors. They had 7 girls in the 2020 class go D1. (although some of those kids did play HS in Arkansas)

Memphis Metro usually signs 1-2 a year D-1. 

I can't remember any from A5 Chattanooga, but several from Atlanta A5 yearly

C2 Attack had a girl from Station Camp sign a D1 beach scholarship a couple years ago + small handful of other D2, D3 & NAIA players. 

It's been a few years, but MIDTN has signed a couple of D1 players in the past...most recently Alia Logoleo had multiple D1offers, but chose softball. 

Also probably been 5 years, but Ethos has signed some D1 players. Had 3-4 D2s this past season. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
19 hours ago, OutoftheMatrix said:

It just seems like we’re constantly being nickeled and dimed this year. And since it’s constant, it adds up to an awful lot.

In previous years we’d make a hefty payment before the season started and then it was done. 

I can see that happening.  May I ask what club you're with?

I want to give this amazing young lady some hometown love.  Logan Eggleston, arguable the best non-professional volleyball player in the country, an Alliance Alum, and a Brentwood Bruin Alum, was named the Big 12 player of the year yesterday as a junior (she graduated from Brentwood a year early so she's the age of a Sophomore).  Fingers crossed for that National Player of the year honor.  2022 Olympics will be her next team.

https://www.hookem.com/story/sports/2021/04/08/big-12-honors-longhorn-volleyball-players-player-year-logan-eggleston/7149788002/

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 9:20 AM, TeeterTot2 said:

I want to give this amazing young lady some hometown love.  Logan Eggleston, arguable the best non-professional volleyball player in the country, an Alliance Alum, and a Brentwood Bruin Alum, was named the Big 12 player of the year yesterday as a junior (she graduated from Brentwood a year early so she's the age of a Sophomore).  Fingers crossed for that National Player of the year honor.  2022 Olympics will be her next team.

https://www.hookem.com/story/sports/2021/04/08/big-12-honors-longhorn-volleyball-players-player-year-logan-eggleston/7149788002/

She had an amazing year. I truly thought TX was playing well enough to win it all. But UK put it all together at the right time. She is an amazing athlete and a LOT of fun to watch!!!