Gordonsville @ Monterey

TheJungle

36 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

For what it's worth, this has become a game that Gordonsville folks really want to win.

I know...it's a region game, we should want to win, and we do. However, in the last couple of years, certain "media" has really talked them up, and in the process, downed Gordonsville. That same "media" is really talking them up again this year. 

It was a shame Whitwell beat them last year, because we really wanted to play them a second time, but it's not often a 3rd seed gets a home playoff game, so we took it.

It's a shame also that this won't be a region game after this year. It's become a good rivalry. That's wvidenced by some of the comments from their game Saturday. 

I pick the Gmen by 2 scores, however, I hope it's more.

Croz it’s became down right disrespectful! Those two chuckleheads don’t know a football from a horseshoe! Now there’s fine folks up on the mountain but they need to learn don’t poke a Tiger!

2 hours ago, croz6110 said:

For what it's worth, this has become a game that Gordonsville folks really want to win.

I know...it's a region game, we should want to win, and we do. However, in the last couple of years, certain "media" has really talked them up, and in the process, downed Gordonsville. That same "media" is really talking them up again this year. 

It was a shame Whitwell beat them last year, because we really wanted to play them a second time, but it's not often a 3rd seed gets a home playoff game, so we took it.

It's a shame also that this won't be a region game after this year. It's become a good rivalry. That's evidenced by some of the comments from their broadcast Saturday. 

I pick the Gmen by 2 scores, however, I hope it's more.

You should be able to handle Monterey pretty easily. 

23 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

It sounds like Gordy has something for the Pirates in a few weeks. I always enjoy those games with you guys. 

I think their defense will be able to slow you down more than any other 1A team. Their offense isnt as good as their defense from what I saw. But I would not overlook this team in the playoffs for sure.

4 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I think their defense will be able to slow you down more than any other 1A team. Their offense isnt as good as their defense from what I saw. But I would not overlook this team in the playoffs for sure.

They always do. As long as they aren’t as good as your bunch from Meigs we’ve got a chance. LMBO

BTW.. I’ve got them ranked #2

Edited by TheAmbassador

2 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

They always do. As long as they aren’t as good as your bunch from Meigs we’ve got a chance. LMBO

BTW.. I’ve got them ranked #2

I've had them my number 2 since the Smith game. Their defense comparable to ours I'd say. But I didnt see any players that would match #34 from Meigs on their team to tote the rock. They will have to be able to pass against you as well to have some success. 

3 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I've had them my number 2 since the Smith game. Their defense comparable to ours I'd say. But I didnt see any players that would match #34 from Meigs on their team to tote the rock. They will have to be able to pass against you as well to have some success. 

#10 for Gordonsville is a stud RB. Not saying he’s better than #34 at Meigs but he’s not that far off. 

5 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I saw highlights of #10. He looks pretty darn good to me. They always have a good team. 

Just now, Richmond30 said:

Not sure if he plays that way all the time but he was a big part of the reason they beat us (Fayetteville). We couldn’t stop him. 

Gordonsvilles line was alot of it if I was guessing. Indidnt see your game, but watching them against Smith their line was really getting it done.