McNairy Central @ Covington

CHARGERFAN

7 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Power rankings show Covington as about a 35 point favorite vs. McNairy. But, I assume that power ranking was earned before Carson Ruffin was hurt. I'll guess that the point spread Friday will be a lot less than 35. 

The Massey Ratings predict a most likely score of Covington 38, McNairy Central 6.  That's not far from the 35 point spread indicated by the power ratings.  I don't know anything about McNairy, other than they were able to hang with Lexington for a half.  I'm sure the Bobcats will come to play, so don't overlook them Chargers.  Good luck CHS, and prayers for an injury free game.

Just wondering what the capacity is for this game. Looked on facebook and a school said more tickets would be sold during the playoffs because TSSAA is over the tickets. Im sure they want all they can get. The tickets would also be made available to everyone.Tickets would only be sold online. The host school wouldn't be able to limit the visiting school tickets.

Edited by fanoffootball2013

5 hours ago, SG4LIFE said:

Don’t worry Charger Girl. You want have to worry about the Hornets Nest anymore. We are moving to 4a. 
Your last game in Medina was a big L. 

Ummm... Maybe. 

If Covington is able to pull off a win at Milan in the second round of the playoffs and SGC is able to do the same against Westview we will host the Chargers in the third round.... I have nightmares about what happened last year when we hosted the chargers in the playoffs. 

Also, I am not willing to say that it is " likely " to happen but, It is a very real possibility. Both the #2 and the #3 teams have win the second round of the of the playoffs for it to happen. 

In this region it is a barn burner every single year between Milan, Covington, and SGC. Has been that way for the past several season. 

If memory serves me correct. ( please note this is only coming from my fuzzy brain ) The past 3 regular seasons have shaken out like this:

2017:

#1 Covington

#2 SGC

#3 Milan

#4 Bolivar

#1 Covington 

#2 Milan

#3 McNairy

#4 SGC

#1 SGC

#2 Milan

#3 Covington

#4 Westview

#1 Milan

#2 SGC

#3 Covington

#4 Westview

You can kind of see a trend between the 3 top schools. I find it very unfortunate that SGC is moving to 4A. Honestly, this makes me sad. I have always taken pride in knowing that we are coming out of one of the hardest divisions in all TN high school football. If you make it to that top in region 7 3A you are really freaking good. It is a tough freaking road to hoe. 

Last year, it was a crime that McNairy did not make the playoffs.... A CRIME!!! the would have been the 1 or 2 seed in about 6 of the 8 classes across the state. They did not even make the playoffs in our league. 

I am really going to miss the good healthy rivalries between the schools that we have been a part of it. This not only effects football but all of the other sports as well.

Its also a shame that we are going to be the smallest school in 4A..... Don't even know what to say. I guess I will look at things on the bright side. If we have great team one year at least we have a shot to win a Gold Ball, because you do not have a shot in 3A. Only a silver ball. 

Just food for thought. 

Edited by ManOfMillions

8 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

If memory serves me correct. ( please note this is only coming from my fuzzy brain ) The past 3 regular seasons have shaken out like this:

2017:

#1 Covington

#2 SGC

#3 Milan

#4 Bolivar

#1 Covington 

#2 Milan

#3 McNairy

#4 SGC

#1 SGC

#2 Milan

#3 Covington

#4 Westview

#1 Milan

#2 SGC

#3 Covington

#4 Westview

You can kind of see a trend between the 3 top schools. I find it very unfortunate that SGC is moving to 4A. Honestly, this makes me sad. I have always taken pride in knowing that we are coming out of one of the hardest divisions in all TN high school football. If you make it to that top in region 7 3A you are really freaking good. It is a tough freaking road to hoe. 

Last year, it was a crime that McNairy did not make the playoffs.... A CRIME!!! the would have been the 1 or 2 seed in about 6 of the 8 classes across the state. They did not even make the playoffs in our league. 

I am really going to miss the good healthy rivalries between the schools that we have been a part of it. This not only effects football but all of the other sports as well.

Its also a shame that we are going to be the smallest school in 4A..... Don't even know what to say. I guess I will look at things on the bright side. If we have great team one year at least we have a shot to win a Gold Ball, because you do not have a shot in 3A. Only a silver ball. 

Just food for thought. 

Obion Co. will be the smallest school in 4A unless some 3A schools decide to play up. 

I agree that 7-3A has been the toughest Region in 3A football in the state. How many other regions have had 3 different teams win their region the last three years, and have had 3 teams ranked in the AP top ten most of that time? 

If 7-3A in 2021 turns out to look like it appears at this time, it will still be a tough Region. I will miss SGC being part of it. Good luck to y'all, Million Dollar Man.