Tis the Season

BallIsLife1

I got on this platform late last season but Tis the season and I want to get all the news, updates and see all the debates and comments from the start this time around. When can basketball start practicing?

First games?

And I am hearing that memphis schools are not playing this year. Is that true? Will those kids be able to transfer?

12 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

I got on this platform late last season but Tis the season and I want to get all the news, updates and see all the debates and comments from the start this time around. When can basketball start practicing?

First games?

And I am hearing that memphis schools are not playing this year. Is that true? Will those kids be able to transfer?

Memphis not playing football. Hadn’t heard about basketball. I am thinking they start practice on the 2nd and games start 17th I think. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, TennesseeValley said:

I was under the influence that they are not playing basketball till atleast January. Because all of the schools who are their own municipal (Arlington, Bartlett, etc) have been scheduling games way out of their area due to this.

A buddy in Memphis just told me the city schools haven't made a decision but the county and private schools are playing

11 minutes ago, ElGoat said:

Tennessee may not even play basketball at all. Childress came out yesterday and said that with covid cases rising, he doesn’t see how indoor sports are going to happen. Don’t shoot the messenger. 

Didnt they play volleyball? And middle school is playing. I went to a game the other night and it was a big crowd for a middle school game. They checked temps, mask wore worn. I wish they would get over it already. Covid is not going anywhere until they get a vaccine or cure. You cant stop life, just take heed and keep living. Stopping the tournament last year, I wondered how many kids it hurt to not get a chance to play and have the opportunity to bee seen by colleges. 

8 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Didnt they play volleyball? And middle school is playing. I went to a game the other night and it was a big crowd for a middle school game. They checked temps, mask wore worn. I wish they would get over it already. Covid is not going anywhere until they get a vaccine or cure. You cant stop life, just take heed and keep living. Stopping the tournament last year, I wondered how many kids it hurt to not get a chance to play and have the opportunity to bee seen by colleges. 

Like I said, don’t shoot the messenger. Just passing along what Childress said.