Rhea Co vs Marion Co

kentuckyman

11 minutes ago, Rhea Co. said:

We were not ready for tonight. I guess we got caught looking ahead to next week or something. Hopefully it’s a wake up call and we can right the ship. Give credit to Marion they were ready to play and we weren’t. We can not turn the ball over like that and expect to win. Also where we turned the ball over was killer too. It’s nice to see a passing game but the run game has to be there too and tonight it was not. On to Fulton and 0-0 record.

I agree we might have been looking ahead but make no mistake, we faced a good Marion County team that was very prepared. If we don't cut down on the mistakes we will be booted in the first round.    GO EAGLES!

34 minutes ago, ADS1 said:

I think that there were two freshmen playing in place of the Roddy's.  I would like to think that we will be ready Friday night.  Hopefully they don't have an athletic DT that blows up the middle... Who was the big man for Marion county?

#9 Showalters 6’ 2” 315 JR 

7 hours ago, 57eagle said:

We were exposed tonight. In the 9 years I've been following RC football I have never seen a quicker team then this Marion County team. They played very well and we didn't help things by Losing 4 fumbles, 2 in the red zone I believe. I like the way we threw the ball when we had to. We need to play better next week.     GO EAGLES!

If having trouble with speed and quickness is an issue, you may have an issue this coming Friday night.

Props to Marion County and Coach Pruitt they came up here to win this game regardless of what everybody thought or said this past week. 
Rhea came out flat and Marion attacked right from the start with the big pass play. From then on they were the aggressor and controlled pretty much every aspect of the game. Pruitt had the plan in place to shut the running game down that worked to perfection and in the process exposed some glaring weaknesses in Rhea’s O line. They dominated the line on both sides of the ball and beat the Eagles at their own game. The turnovers hurt the Eagles but some of that was Marion blowing things up at the line of scrimmage. Their defense was really good but nothing like what Knox West or Oak Ridge will put on the field for the Eagles IF we make it that far. The Eagle defense just got manhandled. These guys see misdirection and ball control every day in practice but they struggled with it in an actual game. I hope this can be blamed on lack of focus and not being ready to play because those things can be fixed. 

Caleb Martin had a great game. He was efficient, made good decisions, used his legs to extend and make plays and showed good leadership. People like to see the passing game but let’s face it folks the Eagles aren’t built for throwing for it, if the running game doesn’t get fixed this week the Eagles could be one and done  in the playoffs.
Out coached and out played there is a lot to learn from this game for the Eagles. Pemberton is usually good at fixing things that get exposed let’s see happens Friday.