Ridiculous Contact Tracing Strikes Again!

sportsguy22

16 hours ago, osunut2 said:

In the last 6 months, I've learned that three things are certain - 1) death, 2) taxes, and 3) Salem and Sportsguy taking every opportunity to opine and enlighten those of us on the T with their COVID musings:popcorneater:

Go back and read the musings from July and August and tell us who was correct. Remember the death and devastation predictions from your side? Has a single TN high school football player been hospitalized with Covid complications?  How did your long term cardiac concerns pan out? Anyone who made the case that it was too dangerous to play high school football this fall has to feel foolish so far. So far the only Covid effects are from contact tracing players who aren't sick. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Is he hospitalized? So contact tracing shut it all down as always correct?

I do not think so. Metro is always going to be overly cautious. Just wait for some playoffs teams have to forfeit . Maybe in the second or third round. Possible a state championship game team . father Ryan vs. Knox Catholic game has been cancelled

Edited by fb247

1 minute ago, fb247 said:

I do not think so. Metro is always going to be overly cautious. Just wait for some playoffs teams have to forfeit . Maybe in the second or third round. Possible a state championship game team .

Contact tracing protocols shutting perfectly healthy kids down are unbelievably ridiculous. Meanwhile, the kids who test positive are perfectly fine in a day or two...zero hospitalizations. How will the schools/athletics treat the flu going forward?? It’s way worse on kids.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Salem said:

Go back and read the musings from July and August and tell us who was correct. Remember the death and devastation predictions from your side? Has a single TN high school football player been hospitalized with Covid complications?  How did your long term cardiac concerns pan out? Anyone who made the case that it was too dangerous to play high school football this fall has to feel foolish so far. So far the only Covid effects are from contact tracing players who aren't sick. 

My side? Salem, I learned months ago that unless I just act like this is a no-nevermind, there's nothing I can say that will satisfy you. So I just stopped talking about it. I also have no control over the protocols that have been put in place, so I stopped complaining about them because no one important was/is listening.

I'd like to think that I fell somewhere in the middle. I wasn't an alarmist. I didn't advocate for shutting our lives down for months. The only thing that I've taken a clear, hard position on was/is mask usage. That was it. I also advocated for collecting more COVID-related data, for pretty obvious reasons. I'm not sure what was so unreasonable (or "foolish") about that. Do I feel "foolish" for taking that position? Absolutely not. In hindsight, I'll even double-down on those two things.

I'm sure if you go back through my activity history, you'll find that I never advocated to keep these kids at home and/or off the field. My overwhelming feeling was that if wearing masks (right, wrong, or indifferent) gave us the opportunity to play football, go to school, resume some kind of "normal", etc, then we should all be willing to do that simple act for these kids, and for each other.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Salem said:

Why don't you poll the thousands of kids getting to play in TN and see how they feel about it. While you're at it ask the senior basketball players who didn't get to play their tournament last spring how they feel. Senior baseball and softball players missing the entire season may have an opinion too.  

This sounds like something out of a fortune cookie. 

What does that even mean?

The pro-Covid crowd is always the first to throw out the victim and race card. 

What's the name of the card you playing here?