Ridiculous Contact Tracing Strikes Again!

sportsguy22

On 10/28/2020 at 9:34 AM, blazer1set said:

I have been wondering the same thing and did some research, talked to some people in the medical community, etc.    A virus cell is about 100 nanometers in length, which is below the visible wave length of light, therefore cannot be seen with an optical microscope.   For those of us who do not deal with very tiny things day in and day out it is very difficult to get a grasp on just how small a virus cell is.    From what I could gather it does seem that masks will prevent/reduce small globules of water that we exhale and those little globules may contain virus cells, so in that sense a mask would work.   But even at that it is no guarantee.   One of my friends was sanding a tabletop the other day with an electric hand sander, decided to put on his virus mask to keep all the sawdust particles out of his nose.... yep, you guessed it, when he took it off the inside of the mask was brown with sawdust particles and so was his face.    There is a guy on here from Tennessee High, I forget the screen name, but he has a lot of knowledge of microbiology, hopefully he will see this and chime in.

.............like putting a chain link fence around your yard to keep out mosquitoes..........

On 10/26/2020 at 12:01 PM, sportsguy22 said:

Stewarts Creek gets hit with these horrible protocols at the worst possible time...and may miss the playoffs! Unbelievable insanity continues!!! The emotional toll this craziness will take on our students will be felt for years to come.  Extremely sad.

TSSAA bylaws says 15 minutes within 6 feet is their rule. School being excessive???

On 10/26/2020 at 3:39 PM, Salem said:

That may have sounded good while you were typing but what exactly is completely logical about contact tracing. Completely healthy kids are being told you can't participate with your teammates because of where a school official thinks they were sitting in the cafeteria and if it happens from this point forward your team's season is over.

Our starting running back has been quarantined twice this year 14 days x 2 for contact tracing. He's perfectly healthy and has missed half of the season.  His best friend was the player with the serious neck injury from our school  and he was going to wear his jersey during Micah Strong  night at our first home game since the injury last Friday. Guess what, he was told Thursday after practice that he was contact traced and couldn't step foot on campus. He also couldn't participate in the Spaghetti supper benefit his class was in charge of Saturday. The kid has been devastated twice this year. How logical does that sound?

How logical does this sound? Right now a 9th grade 4th string  cornerback can go to every haunted house in Nashville this weekend and get Covid next week and his team is done? 

I think schools are crossing lines with contact tracing. TSSAA bylaw says within 6 feet for 15 minutes. I have done had a kid that lost a state tournament in basketball last spring. If I had a kid lose their season for this nonsense again I would hire an attorney and go after the school for mental anguish, depression etc... 

Edited by pioneer42

On 10/27/2020 at 10:13 AM, osunut2 said:

My side? Salem, I learned months ago that unless I just act like this is a no-nevermind, there's nothing I can say that will satisfy you. So I just stopped talking about it. I also have no control over the protocols that have been put in place, so I stopped complaining about them because no one important was/is listening.

Apparently, I've made a bigger impression on you than you on me because I had no idea who was quoting me with the wise crack until I went back over to the 100 page thread. Please don't let my satisfaction cross your mind. You are one of a dozen anonymous posters openly advocating to remain closed and repeatedly ridiculing those that made arguments to get back to normal. 

I'd like to think that I fell somewhere in the middle. I wasn't an alarmist. I didn't advocate for shutting our lives down for months. The only thing that I've taken a clear, hard position on was/is mask usage. That was it. I also advocated for collecting more COVID-related data, for pretty obvious reasons. I'm not sure what was so unreasonable (or "foolish") about that. Do I feel "foolish" for taking that position? Absolutely not. In hindsight, I'll even double-down on those two things.

Ah, Mr. Middle of the Road. The undecided voter. So intellectual.  More data is needed? Are you not the cardiac symptom guy? Or are you the one who thought we should list our occupation on the forum before our opinions mattered? Anyone who took the position that schools or fall sports should not happen in TN has been proven foolish by hindsight. You essentially advocated for nothing, You took the available information and were unable to draw a conclusion. You had people on both sides of the argument and you repeatedly ridiculed or mocked one side while passively agreeing with the other but remained firmly in the "middle". I have more respect for DJ arguing his position than someone who just wants to sit on it and wait while passively cost these kids some of  their best times in high school. 

On 10/27/2020 at 11:08 AM, bottomwriter said:

What's the name of the card you playing here?

the reality card. 

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I think schools are crossing lines with contact tracing. TSSAA bylaw says within 6 feet for 15 minutes. I have done had a kid that lost a state tournament in basketball last spring. If I had a kid lose their season for this nonsense again I would hire an attorney and go after the school for mental anguish, depression etc... 

I get the contact tracing is ridiculous, but you know schools are doing what the state told them to do, right?  Guidance is the exact same.  You are going to hire an attorney for a school system following the guidance of the state?  Good luck on that one.  This was the gamble that everyone wanted, play sports, we'll play by the covid rules you put in place, but let us play.  Fine.  But now we are seeing what happens when we have a spread.  I'm pleased but very surprised we made it this far into the season.

24 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

I get the contact tracing is ridiculous, but you know schools are doing what the state told them to do, right?  Guidance is the exact same.  You are going to hire an attorney for a school system following the guidance of the state?  Good luck on that one.  This was the gamble that everyone wanted, play sports, we'll play by the covid rules you put in place, but let us play.  Fine.  But now we are seeing what happens when we have a spread.  I'm pleased but very surprised we made it this far into the season.

State laws on sports are TSSAA laws. I called governors office about 2 weeks ago and spoke to two or three different people and all laws revert to the TSSAA 17 page bylaws that were adopted by TSSAA and the state of TN before football season. There is a whole lot more damage being done to kids by cancelling seasons than this virus. Mental anguish, depression not to mention the money it has cost families that their kids were on the fence of getting an athletic scholarship and not being seen by college coaches at state tournaments or playoff games. Schools are crossing the line and it is time for the BS to stop and I hope somebody gets smart and puts a stop to this excessive quarantine BS. It has gone to far. Hopefully after Tuesday this BS will be over.

Edited by pioneer42

23 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

State laws on sports are TSSAA laws. I called governors office about 2 weeks ago and spoke to two or three different people and all laws revert to the TSSAA 17 page bylaws that were adopted by TSSAA and the state of TN before football season. There is a whole lot more damage being done to kids by cancelling seasons than this virus. Mental anguish, depression not to mention the money it has cost families that their kids were on the fence of getting an athletic scholarship and not being seen by college coaches at state tournaments or playoff games. Schools are crossing the line and it is time for the BS to stop and I hope somebody gets smart and puts a stop to this excessive quarantine BS. It has gone to far. Hopefully after Tuesday this BS will be over.

If you're waiting on someone "to get smart", you've got a long wait, friend...

32 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

There are currently TSSAA high school athletes in ICU with COVID complications.  This isn't nearly as black and white as you're making it out to be.  I'm glad we're playing football, but I understand the caution as well. 

The fact that some of you think this is a fabricated virus is asinine btw.

• Sad 1

Just now, FridayMainEvent said:

If you're waiting on someone "to get smart", you've got a long wait, friend...

I am just waiting and hoping somebody goes after a school for this excessiveness. Lot of these schools are punishing everyone with their CNN viewpoints.  This stuff don’t affect kids and their has been no problems with kids playing sports or going to school. Ruining kids lives over this mess. I have been all over TN in business after business and people are doing their due diligence to social distance and wear masks. Yeah this virus has caused deaths and the flu has too. Time for the kids to go on with their lives. Enough is enough.

19 minutes ago, guthook said:

There are currently TSSAA high school athletes in ICU with COVID complications.  This isn't nearly as black and white as you're making it out to be.  I'm glad we're playing football, but I understand the caution as well. 

Nobody said it was fabricated.  We stated it has been overplayed as to the seriousness of it.   What school has players in the ICU?   Haven't heard of this.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, guthook said:

The flu has killed lots of kids over the years. Car wrecks kills a bunch but they don’t stop driving. Just saying it is time for the kids to get their lives back. Can’t keep running scared like the left has trained people to be. 

• Thanks 1