Oakland @ Warren Co.

PIONEERS12

22 hours ago, InterestingDan said:

How does Oakland look in person this year?

This years team is certainly good.  They have had better teams in the last few years and I feel they are very beatable by a few teams in the state but then again, it would not surprise me if they won a state title.  Due to the lack of practice that they and every other team in the state has had to deal with I feel like they are a little behind in their progress for the year.  One of the places that I have noticed they sometimes struggle is with a mobile QB.  They have progressed throughout the year with better containment of the QB but probably not as well as Oakland would like.  What is Warren County's strength?  A mobile QB.  I'm sure the kid will make some plays and maybe even score but if he hits the sidelines with open field, don't celebrate just yet.  #7 will run him down.  Kid has great size, speed and athletic ability.  I have seen him do it.  He has offers from Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, etc. etc.  Can't wait to see what he does as a senior next year.

2 minutes ago, SamMojo said:

How does this effect the game?

Check out this article from Daily News Journal:

Oakland High goes into 3-day quarantine beginning Thursday, moving to distance learning

https://www.dnj.com/story/news/2020/10/28/oakland-high-quarantine-covid-19-teachers-students-distance-learning-rutherford-county/6059044002/

It should not affect the game at all unless their team has been hit with positive cases and contact tracing. I have not heard anything about the team itself being hit or being forced to shut down by the health department.

• Thanks 1

I believe in Warren Co, but I kind of got my hand slapped last week vs Riverdale. It hard to say out loud, but I think this week is an uphill climb for WC. WC played great last year in the first half and rammed it down Oakland's throat. For that reason I don't believe Coach Kreasy will let that happen again this year. Oakland will be ready for the power game and that's not good for WC. Warren Co will finish 3rd and win a first round playoff game on the road. 

1 minute ago, Tata said:

I believe in Warren Co, but I kind of got my hand slapped last week vs Riverdale. It hard to say out loud, but I think this week is an uphill climb for WC. WC played great last year in the first half and rammed it down Oakland's throat. For that reason I don't believe Coach Kreasy will let that happen again this year. Oakland will be ready for the power game and that's not good for WC. Warren Co will finish 3rd and win a first round playoff game on the road. 

You think they will beat Hendersonville or Mount Juliet on the road? Huge uphill climb there!

1 minute ago, sportsguy22 said:

You think they will beat Hendersonville or Mount Juliet on the road? Huge uphill climb there!

Yes, and I hope it is Mount Juliet because I think they are ripe for the picking. They lost a lot of players to Green Hill and they are having a hard time adjusting. They have had some decent wins, but none that really gets your attention. They beat Spring Hill 28-0 and I truly believe that WC is way better than them. There's hope in that game if it happens. 

1 minute ago, Tata said:

Yes, and I hope it is Mount Juliet because I think they are ripe for the picking. They lost a lot of players to Green Hill and they are having a hard time adjusting. They have had some decent wins, but none that really gets your attention. They beat Spring Hill 28-0 and I truly believe that WC is way better than them. There's hope in that game if it happens. 

That was a first half score due to weather I believe. I can promise you one thing...WC is not a way better team than them. Not by a long shot. At best, it will be a competitive game. At best. But winning at either place will be very difficult. Both have strong traditional programs and are annual playoff teams that usually advance. Major league challenge to say the least.

Just now, sportsguy22 said:

That was a first half score due to weather I believe. I can promise you one thing...WC is not a way better team than them. Not by a long shot. At best, it will be a competitive game. At best. But winning at either place will be very difficult. Both have strong traditional programs and are annual playoff teams that usually advance. Major league challenge to say the least.

I was talking about them being a way better team then Spring Hill. And I agree that it will be a challenge. Todays game is a spread it out kind of game with a lot of finesse and WC goes against that by lining up and coming at teams and it seems that they have a hard time with that because they don't see it week in and week out. That is their chance

2 minutes ago, Tata said:

I was talking about them being a way better team then Spring Hill. And I agree that it will be a challenge. Todays game is a spread it out kind of game with a lot of finesse and WC goes against that by lining up and coming at teams and it seems that they have a hard time with that because they don't see it week in and week out. That is their chance

They are way better than Spring Hill but obviously so is Mt. Juliet. That game ended early in the 4th due to a serious injury. Probably would have been 42-0. I don’t disagree that WC can be very competitive, but winning on the road there in the playoffs will be a tough deal.

3 hours ago, SamMojo said:

How does this effect the game?

Check out this article from Daily News Journal:

Oakland High goes into 3-day quarantine beginning Thursday, moving to distance learning

https://www.dnj.com/story/news/2020/10/28/oakland-high-quarantine-covid-19-teachers-students-distance-learning-rutherford-county/6059044002/

That’s bad news for Oakland and most likely the contract tracing will effect their team. Also, since the story is in the paper it will be almost impossible to get a pass to play the rest of the season. Several other schools have had this happen and had to forfeit the rest of their seasons. Just ask, region champ Dekalb Co.

4 minutes ago, razorsedge said:

That’s bad news for Oakland and most likely the contract tracing will effect their team. Also, since the story is in the paper it will be almost impossible to get a pass to play the rest of the season. Several other schools have had this happen and had to forfeit the rest of their seasons. Just ask, region champ Dekalb Co.

Incorrect. The superintendent and I believe the principal have already explained that the football team will not be effected. Teams that have virtual classes are allowed to play all over the state. They stated the shutdown at Oakland High School is due to a big shortage in substitute teachers.