Clarksville NW @ Henry County

PatriotNation

The Henry County Patriots have been firing on all cylinders since their week 4 loss to Brentwood. Last week Henry County took it to the Clarksville Northeast Eagles winning 58-0. With that win Henry County has locked up the Region 7-5A Championship! Northwest has 1 win on the season so far which was a 23-12 victory over the West Creek Coyotes. Last week Northwest lost to Clarksville High 32-7. Look for much of the same from the Patriots this week as the seniors take the field for the last time at home in the regular season. I expect a huge offensive performance along with a stellar defensive showing! Let's hear your thoughts on this game and the potential playoffs that are right around the corner.

Yall know the drill. Running clock by the 3rd...  JV getting all the play time they want by 3rd quarter. Get the starters off the field asap and injury free. It feels like forever since we had a home game so I'm happy about that. However this game is just practice for the playoffs. :hungry: (the 4th round)

Well the playoffs are looking like at the moment that we would face the winner of the Brighton/Dyer County game in round 2 of the playoffs. Me personally I want DC! I want US to be the one to put them OUT this year! It would be at Patriot Stadium and it would be our first playoff game at home since that loss last year. Sounds like the perfect story and perfect scenario to me! 

Edited by PatriotsNation
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't mind either one of those. Either way we get to potentially avenge a 3rd round playoff loss. I'm just knocking on wood that the playoffs occur to their full extent. We have a few breaks going our way this year being guaranteed a first round bye to nurse any injuries plus our quadrant hosting the semifinals. There is definitely a path there for us to "exceed expectations". 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

I wouldn't mind either one of those. Either way we get to potentially avenge a 3rd round playoff loss. I'm just knocking on wood that the playoffs occur to their full extent. We have a few breaks going our way this year being guaranteed a first round bye to nurse any injuries plus our quadrant hosting the semifinals. There is definitely a path there for us to "exceed expectations". 

Great minds think alike! This year shapes up VERY favorably for Henry County and not many people have caught on to that. Of course our coaches and players learned a valuable lesson last year and I dont see that same scenario happening again this year. If we take care of business 2nd and 3rd round (which we should) there SHOULD be a semifinal game in Henry County and you have got to like the odds of having the chance of winning that game whoever it is. Any way I'm just throwing out there what I see happening. With the way we have been playing lately I think we have potential to shock a lot of people and possibly make it to Cookeville THIS YEAR! You heard it from me right here right now!!! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PatriotsNation said:

Great minds think alike! This year shapes up VERY favorably for Henry County and not many people have caught on to that. Of course our coaches and players learned a valuable lesson last year and I dont see that same scenario happening again this year. If we take care of business 2nd and 3rd round (which we should) there SHOULD be a semifinal game in Henry County and you have got to like the odds of having the chance of winning that game whoever it is. Any way I'm just throwing out there what I see happening. With the way we have been playing lately I think we have potential to shock a lot of people and possibly make it to Cookeville THIS YEAR! You heard it from me right here right now!!! 

I wouldn’t be shocked at all if HC made it.  They've played a tough schedule and destroyed everyone in your region. Believe it comes down to a rematch with Beech to represent the West. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frauddle said:

I wouldn’t be shocked at all if HC made it.  They've played a tough schedule and destroyed everyone in your region. Believe it comes down to a rematch with Beech to represent the West. 

For sure. It will be either Beech or Summit. I like what both teams have, that would be a heck of a Quarterfinal between those two schools. All I ask for is a shot in a semifinal game. Just give us the opportunity to play in the semifinals and let's see what happens. 

11 hours ago, PatriotsNation said:

Agreed. I've just been hesitant to say it out loud because I'd rather us be under the radar, but I don't think we're gonna be sneaking up on anybody, so it's whatever lol. This team has the ingredients for a run to Cookeville, but they gotta handle business in rounds 2 and 3. The quarterfinals have been a stumbling block for us, usually separating our good teams from our great teams. Anything beyond that is gravy. Winning a semifinal against whoever comes out of the midstate will be a tough challenge, but all I want is a chance.  

• Upvote 1