Region 1A - Early Outlook

GreeneDevil123

57 minutes ago, Htowndawgs said:

Not seen Ng play personally, but Hampton defiantly played a much tougher schedule so throw out the records. I think its always hard to win at Ng so I give the huskies a slight edge in this one. I may change my mind after tonight but from what I've heard from Ng opponents fans (which doesn't mean a hill of beans LOL) Hampton probably has a slightly better team in their opinion. We may get a good gage tonight and we may not this is a weird year. 

i agree hamptons schedule is tougher but not like NG has beat cupcakes (wins over Elizabethton, Grainger, South Greene, Providence, Northview etc)  i think NG is way bigger and Hampton will have trouble guarding them ... the young kids will struggle with the physicality ... we will get a good look tonight

Ng played well but I’m not placing my bets on this one game. Hampton’s game plan didn’t work and our Pg got hurt in the first qt and wasn’t 100% the rest of the game but that probably don’t change the end game. Hampton lost to Ng at Ng many times the last several years and that hasn’t hurt them come seasons end. Interested to see how we view this game a month from now. Hampton lost 73-70 at SG a few weeks ago. This is a different team than it was then but let’s see how much the home court plays a difference tonight and later this month when Ng comes to vanhuss white gym 

2 hours ago, Htowndawgs said:

Ng played well but I’m not placing my bets on this one game. Hampton’s game plan didn’t work and our Pg got hurt in the first qt and wasn’t 100% the rest of the game but that probably don’t change the end game. Hampton lost to Ng at Ng many times the last several years and that hasn’t hurt them come seasons end. Interested to see how we view this game a month from now. Hampton lost 73-70 at SG a few weeks ago. This is a different team than it was then but let’s see how much the home court plays a difference tonight and later this month when Ng comes to vanhuss white gym 

i agree a home win in the season means nothing at all would much rather win in post season... to me just watching around the league those are the best two teams.. and NG has by far the best player on the court and is the more veteran team.. they can also score in the 70s this year which is entirely different from years past when they played in the 50s... what in the world is going on with UH why cant they play conference games but continue to play non conference games???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreeneDevil101992 said:

Think anyone upsets Hampton or NG ?

Only one I see is possibly Cloudland at Cloudland. They played NG tough for a while and if NG has an off shooting night on Roan MTN anything is possible. UH is still unknown, of course with Meredith who knows lol looking like Cosby and Oneida will be the teams to look for in the other regions. NG at Hampton is going to be very intriguing, I’d say If NG wins that then they’ll be hosting the district and likely region tourney at the Den.