Region 1A - Early Outlook

GreeneDevil123

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2021 at 9:18 PM, RodgerDodger32 said:

Semifinals 

Unaka @ NG 

S North @ Hampton 

My guess is Hampton and NG in the finals. 
Cosby v Hancock is the other region finals.  
Winning district 1 tourney is huge to stay away from Cosby and playing at Home 

You definitely don't want to go to Cosby.  Old24eagle is always beating people up outside the door and eagle3314 charges double for popcorn :lol:

• Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 9:18 PM, RodgerDodger32 said:

Semifinals 

Unaka @ NG 

S North @ Hampton 

My guess is Hampton and NG in the finals. 
Cosby v Hancock is the other region finals.  
Winning district 1 tourney is huge to stay away from Cosby and playing at Home 

I wouldn't sleep one bit on the 3 District 2 teams (Cosby, Hancock, Jellico). Johnson kid from Cosby is the real deal, got some solid players to complement him, they've played a tough schedule so their records is deceiving. Also going to Hancock in the first round won't be a cake walk, they played Cosby tough and seem to be playing well. Jellico has some guards that can stroke, if they are hot they can be dangerous as well. NG and Hampton are both very tough from what I have heard though, love tourney time!

1 hour ago, BasketballMechanic1 said:

I wouldn't sleep one bit on the 3 District 2 teams (Cosby, Hancock, Jellico). Johnson kid from Cosby is the real deal, got some solid players to complement him, they've played a tough schedule so their records is deceiving. Also going to Hancock in the first round won't be a cake walk, they played Cosby tough and seem to be playing well. Jellico has some guards that can stroke, if they are hot they can be dangerous as well. NG and Hampton are both very tough from what I have heard though, love tourney time!

I agree, have played at Cosby and Hancock. It does not matter if you are better or not when you go to those places. I see Cosby and Hampton meeting in the Region Semifinals and NG playing possibly Hancock in the other. Hampton at Cosby would be a really good game to watch. 

On 2/21/2021 at 1:55 PM, THE KING said:

They're even worse with  their jr high.  My daughter's youth club team from back when they were in 5th grade would have beaten them.  That's the worst jr high team I've ever seen.  Those girls must've never played til 7th grade. 

When my kids were there, soccer and softball and cross country were the big sports for girls. They would go to at least substate every year in all. In soccer and cross country that would mean competing with Greeneville, since soccer used to be A/AA In the same district. So the girls spent most of the off season/summer playing one of the two or running, so they just never got good in basketball. But when my son graduated in 13’ the girls basketball team at least won a few games, and usually would play at least a few conference games close. But I’ve never seen anything like the team now. I know they havent had the same coach for more than 2 years, since coach price left in 2014. So maybe that’s part of it?  Who knows... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UHbasketball101 said:

When my kids were there, soccer and softball and cross country were the big sports for girls. They would go to at least substate every year in all. In soccer and cross country that would mean competing with Greeneville, since soccer used to be A/AA In the same district. So the girls spent most of the off season/summer playing one of the two or running, so they just never got good in basketball. But when my son graduated in 13’ the girls basketball team at least won a few games, and usually would play at least a few conference games close. But I’ve never seen anything like the team now. I know they havent had the same coach for more than 2 years, since coach price left in 2014. So maybe that’s part of it?  Who knows... 

Biggest reason is no youth club or feeders.  That is what has made cloudland so good over the years.  My kids started playing when the ball was bigger than them.  After their class graduates,  cloudland will be in a serious decline.  Parents are the ones who make or break small school sports.  I am lucky to have so many like minded parents who have their kids out there with my girls pushing them to be the best.  I am hoping our school will stay open long enough for my kids to graduate.  Cland has been declining for years now.  They shut the baseball program down and if coach Potter hadn't of stepped in, football would've been gone as well.  If things continue like they are,  cland will be shut down before the decade is over. 

On 2/21/2021 at 1:57 PM, THE KING said:

You definitely don't want to go to Cosby.  Old24eagle is always beating people up outside the door and eagle3314 charges double for popcorn :lol:

LOL..I'm well beyond my "beating people up" age. I tried to beat up pujo and uknoit when they came to Cosby back in the fall but the worst I could do was get uknoit to work the chains and pujo had to sit next to  my skillet slinger!

Cosby is a tough place to come get a win this time of year...I think we are all chasing NG right now though. If both 1 seeds win out in the region where is the championship game played?

41 minutes ago, old24eagle said:

LOL..I'm well beyond my "beating people up" age. I tried to beat up pujo and uknoit when they came to Cosby back in the fall but the worst I could do was get uknoit to work the chains and pujo had to sit next to  my skillet slinger!

Cosby is a tough place to come get a win this time of year...I think we are all chasing NG right now though. If both 1 seeds win out in the region where is the championship game played?

Usually Odd Year the Odd District hosts so should be at NG if I am not mistaken. 

6 hours ago, old24eagle said:

Is this pretty much the same boys as last years team. If so I think you'll be tough to beat at Cosby.  Agree about North Greene ,they look pretty tough to me.

1 hour ago, pujo said:

Is this pretty much the same boys as last years team. If so I think you'll be tough to beat at Cosby.  Agree about North Greene ,they look pretty tough to me.

We returned 3 starters from last years team but we look a good bit different. We will be tough to beat as long as we’re playing at Cosby. I think us Hampton and Hancock all have about the same chances to win the region and NG is the favorite.

From what I have seen a lot of these games have been being played in the 50's around the region .. if you don't score 65 you're probably not beating ng that's what they score on a bad night .. if ng plays good they are 10 points better than everyone in the region .. but it's tournament time anything can happen .. Cosby is tough at home but I'm going to say a ng and Hampton Championship.. 

On 2/24/2021 at 12:50 PM, old24eagle said:

I had a freaking blast with you boys that night! People couldn't  believe I walked to YOUR sideline and worked the chains at Cosby Lol  I'll miss seeing you pal