Region 1A - Early Outlook

GreeneDevil123

1 hour ago, GreeneDevil123 said:

Who Yal got in the first round of region tonight .. I'll go

ng (big)

hampton ( by 15 ) 

North (by 3)

Cosby (by 10) 

This thread has been dead for a regional tournament. It's like crickets chirping. I agree with your picks. The best game tonight should be Hancock County and North. It wouldn't surprise me though to see Hancock win at home.

3 minutes ago, GreeneDevil123 said:

Who Yal got in the semi finals ?

NG definitely (10 or more)

Cosby looked really good Saturday night, if they can handle Hampton's physicality then they have as good of chance as any year to beat them. My mind is telling me Hampton but my gut is telling me Cosby. Hampton does not really have a guy that can go out and get buckets if needed. They are very solid but lack that Hughes, Jones, McLain type kid that can take over. So I will go with Cosby by 4. 

1 hour ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Cosby looked really good Saturday night, if they can handle Hampton's physicality then they have as good of chance as any year to beat them. My mind is telling me Hampton but my gut is telling me Cosby. Hampton does not really have a guy that can go out and get buckets if needed. They are very solid but lack that Hughes, Jones, McLain type kid that can take over. So I will go with Cosby by 4. 

Probably a pretty good pick there. I read in the Newport newspaper that the Cosby coach has been waiting on this game for a year now ever since last year's semifinal game. I'm afraid Hampton is walking into a hornet's nest or I should say Eagle's Nest. I know the Dogs will be ready to play however it's tough to win in Cosby. I'm hoping for a complete best game out of the Dogs.

Edited by dogtruth

On 2/28/2021 at 5:14 PM, RodgerDodger32 said:

I would agree to disagree on Hampton not having “that guy”. This team is coached for it to be any guy on any given night. We might not have a Nate Hughes or Coby Jones but we have several McClain type kids who know when and when not too. Lyons,Vines,Harrison,Burly, have all had more than one 20 point game. They just play as a team and know there roles in those different games. Then you have to guard Henry from 3 and throw in mccoury and Wilson who are threats from 3 and making plays for others then you have Logan and Campbell with size and length to help inside. You can’t not guard anyone on our team and depth helps or defense also. Hampton is the better team but at the Nest it’s a toss up. We will see in about 9-10 hours. 

7 hours ago, Htowndawgs said:

I would agree to disagree on Hampton not having “that guy”. This team is coached for it to be any guy on any given night. We might not have a Nate Hughes or Coby Jones but we have several McClain type kids who know when and when not too. Lyons,Vines,Harrison,Burly, have all had more than one 20 point game. They just play as a team and know there roles in those different games. Then you have to guard Henry from 3 and throw in mccoury and Wilson who are threats from 3 and making plays for others then you have Logan and Campbell with size and length to help inside. You can’t not guard anyone on our team and depth helps or defense also. Hampton is the better team but at the Nest it’s a toss up. We will see in about 9-10 hours. 

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBULLDOGSSSSSSSSSSSSS