Prayers for Meigs County

Rhea Co.

44 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I still have only heard of the two,hopefully that is all.That was one terrible wreck!Said a service truck lost control and over corrected into the path.With these stupid phones I pray that wasnt the cause!

We need to make sure to pray for the driver of the utility truck as well. Their life has been forever changed and they will endure many days of hostility and blame. Not just from others but from themselves. Let’s pray God touches their life and somehow can give them the faith and a testimony that can point others to Jesus through this. We as a people including myself need to assign blame to tragedies. It doesn’t help, we all sin and fall short of the glory of God. I’m not trying to speculate why this happened, but I can tell you from experience from my former career, all directly involved in this scene will be affected deeply forever, including the person  society tends to label, the “other driver”. 

Ephesians 4:31-32

Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Thinking about myself I could spend a lot more time on Ephesians 4:31-32. 

Edited by crow
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, crow said:

We need to make sure to pray for the driver of the utility truck as well. Their life has been forever changed and they will endure many days of hostility and blame. Not just from others but from themselves. Let’s pray God touches their life and somehow can give them the faith and a testimony that can point others to Jesus through this. We as a people including myself need to assign blame to tragedies. It doesn’t help, we all sin and fall short of the glory of God. I’m not trying to speculate why this happened, but I can tell you from experience from my former career, all directly involved in this scene will be affected deeply forever, including the person  society tends to label, the “other driver”. 

Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Amen. People tend to forget that could have easily been a malfunction in the vehicle that caused the accident. I’m sure the investigation will determine. Very sad situation overall for all those involved. May Gods hand touch them all. 

17 minutes ago, crow said:

A friend of mine knows the family of the girl and the Critical patient flown to Erlanger was her little brother.He is in bad shape.What a terrible day.

4 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

Amen. People tend to forget that could have easily been a malfunction in the vehicle that caused the accident. I’m sure the investigation will determine. Very sad situation overall for all those involved. May Gods hand touch them all. 

No,I drive for a living and know what a distraction these things can be good or bad.Always a possibility of something else mechanical or wildlife.My comment was I just pray that was not the issue.

When I saw this news yesterday it hurt my stomach so bad, We get on here on coacht and have a good time at going back and forth over a ballgame, then something like this happens and just wish I was in Meigs Co to try and help in someway. You for sure have my prayer's.  Hebrews 4;16. God be with all involved. 

54 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

No,I drive for a living and know what a distraction these things can be good or bad.Always a possibility of something else mechanical or wildlife.My comment was I just pray that was not the issue.

Sorry for misunderstanding. I wasn’t disputing anything you said. I was just agreeing basically with Crow about passing judgment or blame to driver in the utility truck. I do agree with you that I hope and pray it wasn’t  due to a cell phone. 

1 hour ago, crow said:

Amen, great post.

If nothing else, i've been blessed by this thread in seeing the number of God Fearing Posters we have on here. We all "hide" behind a screen name on here to talk trash on a daily basis and because of that we don't realize that behind the screen name is a real person. To see that many of you all are just like me, a sinner saved by God's Grace, is truly a blessing. Our community (TC), as probably most everyone's, is also experiencing some difficult times as several families are facing battles with the C word. Hartsville is coming together is a great way and I just pray that God uses each and every one of these situations to further his kingdom, spread his love and let his will be done. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

If nothing else, i've been blessed by this thread in seeing the number of God Fearing Posters we have on here. We all "hide" behind a screen name on here to talk trash on a daily basis and because of that we don't realize that behind the screen name is a real person. To see that many of you all are just like me, a sinner saved by God's Grace, is truly a blessing. Our community (TC), as probably most everyone's, is also experiencing some difficult times as several families are facing battles with the C word. Hartsville is coming together is a great way and I just pray that God uses each and every one of these situations to further his kingdom, spread his love and let his will be done. 

Well said... 

• Like 3