Hendersonville vs Mt Juliet

mondo44

5 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Ok then I guess I need to step in and configure some of your assessments with facts.... let’s begin.

MJs first team defense had a shutout against Station Camp.... And also put 53 on them.. enough said.

MJ did everything they could to lose against Wilson Central, two Tds called back, turnovers, ending the game on their 5 yard line. 

Gallatin game was 31-3 until we put our 2nd team in.

we also put 45 on Lebanon... a common opponent you conveniently didn’t mention.

the only point you have is the Rossview game which I hope was just a fluke....

also it must be noted MJ has went back to the wing T. I think that will help us out tremendously.

I don’t think running the wing-T is gonna make your chances any better. Hendersonville also runs the WT. both defenses are gonna know what’s coming..it’s gonna come down to who can stop it. and i think HHS is just better. something like 31-14 final. 

also, do you think HHS played 1st strings the whole game against SC? not only did their first strings shut out SC, but so did their 2s and 3s. Hendersonville has more depth. they are just better all around. and with the wilson central game, all i hear are excuses. Hville executed and took care of business. that game was never in doubt. MJ did not. whether MJ played bad or whatever...my point there is also valid. HHS took care of business, MJ did not, and it almost cost them the game. mishaps like that, and the Rossview game, are the reason i’m saying HHS wins. because when faced with the same opposition, they didn’t have mishaps..they passed with flying colors. they’re just a better team. 

HOWEVER..I will say i am a firm believer in the “any given day, any given team” thought process, so MJ could win, i just don’t personally think it will happen

Edited by Bump11

37 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

I don’t think running the wing-T is gonna make your chances any better. Hendersonville also runs the WT. both defenses are gonna know what’s coming..it’s gonna come down to who can stop it. and i think HHS is just better. something like 31-14 final. 

also, do you think HHS played 1st strings the whole game against SC? not only did their first strings shut out SC, but so did their 2s and 3s. Hendersonville has more depth. they are just better all around. and with the wilson central game, all i hear are excuses. Hville executed and took care of business. that game was never in doubt. MJ did not. whether MJ played bad or whatever...my point there is also valid. HHS took care of business, MJ did not, and it almost cost them the game. mishaps like that, and the Rossview game, are the reason i’m saying HHS wins. because when faced with the same opposition, they didn’t have mishaps..they passed with flying colors. they’re just a better team. 

HOWEVER..I will say i am a firm believer in the “any given day, any given team” thought process, so MJ could win, i just don’t personally think it will happen

Lol you can’t retract back to the “any given day” theory. I’m holding you to your  31-14 type loss prediction. 

22 minutes ago, mondo44 said:

I don’t buy the comparative score argument.  To me previous game scores don’t mean anything.  It simply boils down to how you play Friday night.  Like most games it will be won at the line of scrimmage.  Team that makes the fewest mistakes will win.  

That logic would give MJ its best chance. The less our QB throws, the better chance we have lol

2 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Lol you can’t retract back to the “any given day” theory. I’m holding you to your  31-14 type loss prediction. 

that’s not what i’m saying. i do believe that. as in i’m saying MJ could win...BUT i don’t think they will. like i said i think HHS wins by 2ish scores

6 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

That logic would give MJ its best chance. The less our QB throws, the better chance we have lol

i mean, you could say that for both teams lol. it’s gonna come down to the run game and the defense. who can execute vs who can come up with stops. you would think 2 teams with the same offense would be boring, and it may very well be all defense, but it could also make for a back and forth game. I hope i’m wrong, not on who wins, but the manner of the win. I hope it is a close game. i hope it is a barn burner. it’s just that my head doesn’t see it that way. either way, it’s fun whenever these 2 meet. this shouldn’t be any different.  i wish this one was on MyTV30

17 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I generally say the same about Hville. Both our QB’s have improved greatly since the season started. With that if we throw it more than 10-12 times that usually means we are behind. We threw it 1 time in the 2nd half last week. 

Just now, mondo44 said:

I generally say the same about Hville. Both our QB’s have improved greatly since the season started. With that if we throw it more than 10-12 times that usually means we are behind. We threw it 1 time in the 2nd half last week. 

My overall take for MJ to win, Our Dline must dictate the play. We have several studs we rotate around up there. We’re missing our playmaker LB who went out against Spring Hill. Our Dbs have struggled getting burnt on a few occasions. I’m surprised when teams do score, it’s Typically a long run/ busted play. If we can eliminate those couple of busted plays we will have a much better chance.

Offensively I love the move to the Wing T, we will be able to get the ball in our playmakers hands. Our Oline is very poor at times, undersized And getting pushed around. Our Qb is just not very good. If we’re throwing the ball Down by 10+ we have almost no chance past that point.

Special teams hasn’t been overwhelming nor underwhelming. I really think this will be a critical part of the game for both teams. We have a capable kicker and we’ve had a few blocked punts here lately.

Overall I’m worried, but less worried than I was two weeks ago. MJ has home field advantage, and remembers getting embarrassed last year by the same team. Hopefully they can use that as motivation. 

20 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

i mean, you could say that for both teams lol. it’s gonna come down to the run game and the defense. who can execute vs who can come up with stops. you would think 2 teams with the same offense would be boring, and it may very well be all defense, but it could also make for a back and forth game. I hope i’m wrong, not on who wins, but the manner of the win. I hope it is a close game. i hope it is a barn burner. it’s just that my head doesn’t see it that way. either way, it’s fun whenever these 2 meet. this shouldn’t be any different.  i wish this one was on MyTV30

Well I have no idea which MJ team shows up. They’ve been on the regression here the past several weeks, hopefully the Station Camp game have them the confidence they need for a big game like this. Also being without our top LB and best Olineman has been a critical part of our downfall.