Region Champ DeKalb Co. to miss playoffs

District12AA

Health Department has been granted too much power folks.    Make absolutely no sense to issue a 14 day MANDATORY quarantine!   We now have Rapid testing where the results can be known in 1 hour!

Simple solution here is to mandate Every player planning to participate in a game MUST produce two negative tests over a 72 hour period.   If that happens, no reason to prevent them from playing!  

Am I the only person in this state that can use just an ounce of common sense???

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Health Department has been granted too much power folks.    Make absolutely no sense to issue a 14 day MANDATORY quarantine!   We now have Rapid testing where the results can be known in 1 hour!

Simple solution here is to mandate Every player planning to participate in a game MUST produce two negative tests over a 72 hour period.   If that happens, no reason to prevent them from playing!  

Am I the only person in this state that can use just an ounce of common sense???

:thumb:

9 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

No you’re not the only one. I agree with everything you said.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

I’m right there with you bud.

56 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

No,  your view is the majority opinion but too few people in school leadership positions have the courage to buck the cdc guidelines. Elected reps may have even less courage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FridayMainEvent said:

You’re right. The problem is that they have already set precedence by making these others quarantine and miss playoffs. They would have to reverse course on that before game one of playoffs or I don’t see how you could justify rapid testing to keep a team alive in later rounds. 

11 minutes ago, Richmond30 said:

You’re right. The problem is that they have already set precedence by making these others quarantine and miss playoffs. They would have to reverse course on that before game one of playoffs or I don’t see how you could justify rapid testing to keep a team alive in later rounds. 

Well, they've screwed up every sport on the calendar for 2020!  Might as well finish off this year on a low note and stay consistent!

Reminds me of my place of employment.   

Me:  "Why is the heck do we do something in such a stupid manner?"

Boss:  "Because that's the way we've always done it"

At some point, you have to say "Hey this is a stupid way to handle this" and make changes!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Well, they've screwed up every sport on the calendar for 2020!  Might as well finish off this year on a low note and stay consistent!

Reminds me of my place of employment.   

Me:  "Why is the heck do we do something in such a stupid manner?"

Boss:  "Because that's the way we've always done it"

At some point, you have to say "Hey this is a stupid way to handle this" and make changes!

Never going to happen in this screwed up place we call America.