Region Champ DeKalb Co. to miss playoffs

District12AA

49 minutes ago, Cakeman said:

Lots of teams have had Positive test and no 14 day shut down.  Just depends on how loud you are about your findings.  The programs themselves are keeping that to themselves especially if they are having a good year!  Look close at the schools that haven not had any shut down or any words of COVID, they have suggested that their players go virtual.  Most only have 2-3 that actually play that are in school.

Yeah, I'm just stating the reason why they are quarantined, I'm sure you could get by with not reporting it as you have stated and run the risk of a lawsuit against the school, those rules are from tssaa. so that's who the issue needs to be addressed with.  You are correct about going virtual, imo that is the best option for sport teams, however what do you do with county rules that won't let virtual kids participate?  That isn't the case in DC but have heard that in counties close by that was the rule from those school districts.  

• Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 7:07 AM, FridayMainEvent said:

Health Department has been granted too much power folks.    Make absolutely no sense to issue a 14 day MANDATORY quarantine!   We now have Rapid testing where the results can be known in 1 hour!

Simple solution here is to mandate Every player planning to participate in a game MUST produce two negative tests over a 72 hour period.   If that happens, no reason to prevent them from playing!  

Am I the only person in this state that can use just an ounce of common sense???

Common sense says that this is potentially a life threatening situation. If this was about weather, suspensions or just about anything else, than the situation could be different. But taking ANY CHANCE with young people's health or lives, is wrong. Attitudes like this is why Tennessee is in such terrible shape when it comes to this deadly virus. Two schools I follow closely in basketball couldn't go to the state this year because of the virus. One hadn't been in 34 years. But our young people's lives are far more important that a game.

1 minute ago, bobcatfan300 said:

Common sense says that this is potentially a life threatening situation. If this was about weather, suspensions or just about anything else, than the situation could be different. But taking ANY CHANCE with young people's health or lives, is wrong. Attitudes like this is why Tennessee is in such terrible shape when it comes to this deadly virus. Two schools I follow closely in basketball couldn't go to the state this year because of the virus. One hadn't been in 34 years. But our young people's lives are far more important that a game.

Yeah, John, they could die from a drunk driver hitting them while heading to church on Sunday (actually better odds of that).   Maybe we should wrap them in a plastic bubble and just admire them from a far.

It's people like YOU sir that have driven teen suicide rates to reach an alltime high!  Keep preaching your fear!  The liberals are listening!

Have a nice day.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, bobcatfan300 said:

I don't believe it's that serious