Franklin County & Shelbyville 2yr Playoff Ban could Impact other local schools!

BBRaider

3 minutes ago, werewolf said:

why not punish the players that were i the fight NOT let them for 2 years  Do not punish the whole teams for just a few that was involved.  NOW if whole teams did fight 2 year ban okay

Unfortunately it’s a team sport. Hate it for those kids, but it is what it is!

On 10/30/2020 at 10:17 PM, Goldenpride said:

Facts all the way around, another thing is does Shelbyville fan base love Puckett just as much as LC did? He took two programs to good heights at LC

I’m betting Shelbyville wished they didn’t fire their coach from last year right now. Though Puckett is no doubt a good coach, they had a quarterfinal team last year and they are sitting at home this year.

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

Now his son wont even get to play in playoffs during high school this year and next.

Is his wife a teacher? That would be one way the kid could change schools and be immediately eligible some where else. It would suck that dad would miss his son’s senior year (regular season) though. 

Between the repercussions of this "brawl", the overall poor season, and the Rebel Mascot  situation I think FC could be in line for a mass exodus following football season. Tullahoma and Huntland will be the primary beneficiaries probably, with Moore County possibly seeing an addition or two as well.

All speculation at this point, but I don't see how any of the Parents/Kids wanting to leave will be forced to sit out a year either. They can file a hardship waiver claiming issues relating to the mascot. I.E. Anyhting regarding racism or racial tension caused by the conversation regarding the mascot. FC would not be able to deny a single one.

2 hours ago, Foolsball101 said:

Between the repercussions of this "brawl", the overall poor season, and the Rebel Mascot  situation I think FC could be in line for a mass exodus following football season. Tullahoma and Huntland will be the primary beneficiaries probably, with Moore County possibly seeing an addition or two as well.

All speculation at this point, but I don't see how any of the Parents/Kids wanting to leave will be forced to sit out a year either. They can file a hardship waiver claiming issues relating to the mascot. I.E. Anyhting regarding racism or racial tension caused by the conversation regarding the mascot. FC would not be able to deny a single one.

I dont agree about a mascot and getting a hardship.They are there now so if it's a problem now,why not already leave? If they want to play at Huntland ,Moore co..Its pretty simple.Move there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrbigster said:

I dont agree about a mascot and getting a hardship.They are there now so if it's a problem now,why not already leave? If they want to play at Huntland ,Moore co..Its pretty simple.Move there.

Not as easy as "They are there now if it's a problem now, why not already leave?"

The Mascot got magnified this year, was brought before the board on a vote, and was in several news stories (paper and TV) The parents/kids did not know this would happen when they signed up. It has caused a lot of tension at the school and even on the coaching staff with some coaches not wanting to wear gear that said "Rebels".  It deeply affected the football team this year as it was at the least a distracting topic all season. If a kid files for a hardship pertaining to the mascot and FC declines it they are setting themselves up for a lawsuit that they won't win in today's culture.

• Like 1

• CoachT locked this topic