Most Hated High School Football Teams?

chrisburr

On 2/15/2021 at 9:10 PM, Rhea Co. said:

Yeah folks in Chattanooga area hate driving up to Rhea, but also because they know when they come to Rhea they are going to get a game. Still makes me smile when my friend from Cleveland talks about hating to play  at Rhea because the next day he knew he was going to be sore. 

I ENJOYED playing at Rhea this season. It was a tough game for my Cyclones, but the stadium had plenty of seating on both sides, food was great, great atmosphere and the people were extremely nice and hospitable. The drive was tiring but overly bad. P A announcer was top notch. He gave me the idea to sponsor first downs back home. Now my bank is sponsoring that call. And with our offense it’s well worth it!

On 10/7/2022 at 8:38 PM, BoosterClubPlayersSuck said:

I don't know. Most people I know around here have a favorable opinion of those two. I'd say DB is probably the most hated because they're one of the biggest schools in the state, mostly beat up smaller/weaker schools, and never do anything in the playoffs. 

AMEN! They claimed they could beat Betsy the past 3-4 years, but they can’t beat Science Hill or Greeneville and, until this season, Betsy was winning or competing in games against those teams. It’s a shame to see a school that size flop when it means the most. I expect to see more kids start to look around for other options. Playing at a 3A, 4A or 5A school that has a proven record of success will get you more looks. We’ve seen it already start to happen. 

18 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

AMEN! They claimed they could beat Betsy the past 3-4 years, but they can’t beat Science Hill or Greeneville and, until this season, Betsy was winning or competing in games against those teams. It’s a shame to see a school that size flop when it means the most. I expect to see more kids start to look around for other options. Playing at a 3A, 4A or 5A school that has a proven record of success will get you more looks. We’ve seen it already start to happen. 

Yep. Cade Maupin would of never got a chance at ETSU if he had stayed at DB. Prolly several other examples. Coaches would or wasted his talent. Thing about Sullivan County is there's only 3 schools: East, West Ridge, and DB. None of these teams ever do anything meaningful. Have to move counties logistically to play at Betsy, Hampton, or Greeneville. So many weak coaching staffs in upper east TN outside those schools. Really have to live in Carter County, Greene County, or any of the Knox area counties. 

Edited by BoosterClubPlayersSuck

5 hours ago, BoosterClubPlayersSuck said:

Yep. Cade Maupin would of never got a chance at ETSU if he had stayed at DB. Prolly several other examples. Coaches would or wasted his talent. Thing about Sullivan County is there's only 3 schools: East, West Ridge, and DB. None of these teams ever do anything meaningful. Have to move counties logistically to play at Betsy, Hampton, or Greeneville. So many weak coaching staffs in upper east TN outside those schools. Really have to live in Carter County, Greene County, or any of the Knox area counties. 

Carter County is closer! LOL