Most Hated High School Football Teams?

chrisburr

On 2/14/2021 at 9:58 AM, howdoitknow said:

Fulton was for a period of time one of the dominant powerhouses in TN.  They’ve totally fallen off of the map from where they once were.  Why is this?

All of their championships are 3A and 4A.  The last several years they've been 5A.  Now they're 4A again.  I'd expect more success than they've had recently.

21 hours ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

That’s a good question. I’m sure people don’t like Oakland much right now for the same reasons people don’t like Maryville and Alcoa. 

Much as I love playing the role of villan, Oakland hasn't been great long enough for people to hate them. If anything fans statewide probably have a favorable opinion of Oakland

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...
13 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

For most people in the state, you could pretty lump in all the major Davidson/Williamson privates together and their opinion wouldn't change

The one positive that I will say about the DII AAA private school players is that when they graduate the academics of the players are strong enough that they academically qualify.  

7 hours ago, cbg said:

The one positive that I will say about the DII AAA private school players is that when they graduate the academics of the players are strong enough that they academically qualify.  

I would hope so. If I was parent I wouldn't be happy to spend that kind of money only for my kid to take the juco route, might as well just went to a public school if that's the case

• Upvote 1

On 5/28/2021 at 1:40 PM, MidTennFootball said:

I would hope so. If I was parent I wouldn't be happy to spend that kind of money only for my kid to take the juco route, might as well just went to a public school if that's the case

It truly takes a village to raise a child.  If the student athletes and their families don’t buy into academics they will not be successful at one of the D2AAA schools.  

• Upvote 1

On 5/28/2021 at 7:08 AM, cbg said:

It's not breaking news that the number one predictor of academic success is economics.  Apparently if kids are worried about where they'll eat next, or don't have parents that have previous moderate academic success, the kids suffer academically.   

• Like 1