Most Hated High School Football Teams?

chrisburr

On 8/3/2021 at 4:05 PM, Oldschool2021 said:

Up here in East Tennessee it's been Elizabethton and Greenville for the past  couple of years. 

I don't know. Most people I know around here have a favorable opinion of those two. I'd say DB is probably the most hated because they're one of the biggest schools in the state, mostly beat up smaller/weaker schools, and never do anything in the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/7/2022 at 7:38 PM, BoosterClubPlayersSuck said:

I don't know. Most people I know around here have a favorable opinion of those two. I'd say DB is probably the most hated because they're one of the biggest schools in the state, mostly beat up smaller/weaker schools, and never do anything in the playoffs. 

Not trying to be harsh but how is it that DB is such a large school that has so many financial resources but never has a great team?  Yes, they may have a good team for East Tennessee but if they had to compete against Maryville, Alcoa or the good teams from Middle Tennessee or Memphis it would be welcome to the real world.  Everyone knows that Nashville area schools are really growing fast but I have also heard that East Tennessee cities are also growing at a rapid rate so DB must have good athletes.  

On 10/10/2022 at 8:15 AM, cbg said:

Not trying to be harsh but how is it that DB is such a large school that has so many financial resources but never has a great team?  Yes, they may have a good team for East Tennessee but if they had to compete against Maryville, Alcoa or the good teams from Middle Tennessee or Memphis it would be welcome to the real world.  Everyone knows that Nashville area schools are really growing fast but I have also heard that East Tennessee cities are also growing at a rapid rate so DB must have good athletes.  

DB actually won the basketball state champ in 2022 I believe(not sure what year). Every year there's at least one guy who goes D1 for track, sometimes other sports. The athletes are there. The track guy never wants to play for the football program. Football and baseball both have year round programs, and they lose a lot of great athletes to the baseball program. Pretty much never the other way around. The football coaching staff is weak like most schools around here not named Betsy or Greeneville. There is favoritism for booster club players, but I'm not gonna rant about that because it irks a lot of people. Also probably one of the only school systems capable of losing athletes to its marching band. There's something like over 500 kids in the band. And a lot of them do play sports, but it's like swimming, track, cross country. The program is also not unified. I've seen the middle schools running the wing t like TN high used to do(not sure if they do anymore) when the high school runs mostly RPOs out of the shotgun. The program is just bad, and it does not attract the talented youth in Kingsport. DB has really good CTE and academic programs to where someone can have a promising career and not give af about football. State championship wrestlers don't want to stand there and watch guys get pummeled. Guys who run sub 5 40s dont wanna grind football all year just to sit on the bench and watch a wr, cb or safety with a 5.3 40 to get completely outclassed. In short, the amount of resources means the football program has to compete for talented youth in a way most schools don't, and it doesn't do it well. 

23 minutes ago, BoosterClubPlayersSuck said:

DB actually won the basketball state champ in 2022 I believe(not sure what year). Every year there's at least one guy who goes D1 for track, sometimes other sports. The athletes are there. The track guy never wants to play for the football program. Football and baseball both have year round programs, and they lose a lot of great athletes to the baseball program. Pretty much never the other way around. The football coaching staff is weak like most schools around here not named Betsy or Greeneville. There is favoritism for booster club players, but I'm not gonna rant about that because it irks a lot of people. Also probably one of the only school systems capable of losing athletes to its marching band. There's something like over 500 kids in the band. And a lot of them do play sports, but it's like swimming, track, cross country. The program is also not unified. I've seen the middle schools running the wing t like TN high used to do(not sure if they do anymore) when the high school runs mostly RPOs out of the shotgun. The program is just bad, and it does not attract the talented youth in Kingsport. DB has really good CTE and academic programs to where someone can have a promising career and not give af about football. State championship wrestlers don't want to stand there and watch guys get pummeled. Guys who run sub 5 40s dont wanna grind football all year just to sit on the bench and watch a wr, cb or safety with a 5.3 40 to get completely outclassed. In short, the amount of resources means the football program has to compete for talented youth in a way most schools don't, and it doesn't do it well. 

Sorry to hear that the football program is in disarray.  For a high school to have a well rounded athletic program it’s a must that coaches share the best athletes

Edited by cbg

2 minutes ago, cbg said:

Sorry to hear that the football program is in disarray.  For a high school to have a well rounded athletic program it’s a must that coaches share the best athletes

Yea but Coach Christian is getting old, and his son is a senior this year. A lot of coaches stop coaching high school or lower once their kids graduate. Hoping once he is gone we can get a better OC and HC. I do worry if our o line will suffer or not. He's one of the best o line coaches in the state. 

• 3 weeks later...