AA Playoffs Region 5 VS Region 6

vandyfan1

59 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Back in the day but really wasn’t a rivalry. @ddaddy called me out on it last year stating the enrollment numbers being different now. But we do play competition and all of the schools around us are very competitive. So, there is no way we could be placed in a soft region like they always are! 

You are correct it wasn’t a rivalry because we dominated the Page Patriots. Honestly we had a weak schedule then. At least Page week.

4 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

So is Forrest better than what General is giving them credit for? We all know how he words things and gets in his moods lol. How would you compare them to previous years

Forrest 2019 would have a running clock on Forrest 2020 - maybe at halftime. Overall, Region 5 is way down. Lewis County has not been impressive on film all year and in person I thought it was the least talented group they have put on the field in 4 years of playing them in region. I do realize field conditions could have affected their skill guys and some players were misssing but we had key defensive guys out and our punter was out. We may have averaged 15 yds a punt last week. As bad as region 5 is this year we are still as good or better everyone in R6 except Waverlly. 

25 minutes ago, Salem said:

Forrest 2019 would have a running clock on Forrest 2020 - maybe at halftime. Overall, Region 5 is way down. Lewis County has not been impressive on film all year and in person I thought it was the least talented group they have put on the field in 4 years of playing them in region. I do realize field conditions could have affected their skill guys and some players were misssing but we had key defensive guys out and our punter was out. We may have averaged 15 yds a punt last week. As bad as region 5 is this year we are still as good or better everyone in R6 except Waverlly. 

Did you catch the game on Facebook between waverly and Riverside 

27 minutes ago, Salem said:

Forrest 2017 and 2018 had worse records than Forrest 2020 with much more difficult schedules. They both would've mercy ruled this team.

Forrest 2019 wouldve been ahead 4-5 TDs after 1 quarter

59 minutes ago, Salem said:

How good are you compared to the 2016 team?

13 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

How good are you compared to the 2016 team?

No comparison 2016 was way better. 2019 was best team hands down.

The 2021 team would have been our next best team but this coach just uses freshman as tackling dummies and the top 5-6 kids from that group left after 9th grade. We are playing sophomores now in key roles who are doing Ok but they would be back ups this year if we had a well run program. Nothing has changed our freshman this year have some prospects that could help us IMO but with no chance to play the smart ones get an “injury” and stop dressing out. I wouldn’t be surprised if we lose several key guys again from this freshman class. 

Here’s the preseason Forrest thread. I said the over/under would be 5 wins this year. We’re 5-4 with a Covid forfeit. I didn’t know the competition was so down though and the 5 wins are a huge disappointment. 

Edited by Salem

3 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Well I appreciate the response to each their own man but this last post just makes you sound jelly! I honestly thought there was more to the story but if this is it man :roll:

Nah, not really. Though I don’t think LC is doing this but it is equitable to having a bunch of 15 year olds playing in the 8th grade and winning a lot of games. Yet, when those same 15 year olds become seniors, the high school teams aren't good. That is how LC is when the playoffs roll around.

2 hours ago, ddaddy said:

You are correct it wasn’t a rivalry because we dominated the Page Patriots. Honestly we had a weak schedule then. At least Page week.

You forgot to mention how everybody did “back in the day”. You also forgot to mention how we were everybody's home coming “back in the day”. 

So, what you are really stating is that “back in the day” you were nothing special then.?.?.? How many times did you reach the second or even the third round “back in the day”?

Same song and dance. “From back in the day” to now! 

On 10/31/2020 at 7:02 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Shows how weak that region is! LC is always and I mean always placed in the weakest region possible! That is why they are regular season paper champs and nothing more. Back about a decade or so ago, they were placed in a region with us, Pulaski and others and could do nothing. 

Was that when Lewis Co. bumped up to 3A? I don't remember Pulaski to ever be in 2A. I really don't care either way. I'm just enjoying the posts and wanted to interject.