Class 6A Playoffs Round 1 -- Cleveland at D-B

TribalEmpire

28 minutes ago, DBGRAD70 said:

You know, some of you guys were singing the praises of the new head coach (not to mention any names) early on, but I'll tell ya, I have never been impressed. And here we are, another loss to SH and almost another 1 and done. Got to find an outsider. A proven winner.  But no.  Won't happen. There is absolutely undirected talent on that field. What a waste.

I've been all over the map on Christian. The loss to SH two years in a row should not of happened. Other than that he hasn't lost any that it was clear that he shouldn't of lost. In other words he's lost to better teams. Throwing that first year out because he didn't have the talent or the experience as a head coach. I don't know how much say so he has in choosing his staff but he's not surround by a good enough staff to win in the playoffs. There's five coaches on his staff that are keepers. The rest are dragging the team down. You're right, they have the talent. Especially this year. Some really poor coaching in critical areas.

19 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I've been all over the map on Christian. The loss to SH two years in a row should not of happened. Other than that he hasn't lost any that it was clear that he shouldn't of lost. In other words he's lost to better teams. Throwing that first year out because he didn't have the talent or the experience as a head coach. I don't know how much say so he has in choosing his staff but he's not surround by a good enough staff to win in the playoffs. There's five coaches on his staff that are keepers. The rest are dragging the team down. You're right, they have the talent. Especially this year. Some really poor coaching in critical areas.

Who are your 5 keepers?

11 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Christian, Hayworth, Wagner, Fleming,........well maybe four. Somebody else name one.

what does Wagner do? Last I heard he is just with the Freshman. 
I will absolutely agree with Fleming though. You can tell just by our dominance on the OL and DL that Fleming is getting it done in the weight room. 

Edited by DBKPT93

32 minutes ago, DBKPT93 said:

what does Wagner do? Last I heard he is just with the Freshman. 
I will absolutely agree with Fleming though. You can tell just by our dominance on the OL and DL that Fleming is getting it done in the weight room. 

One of the best coaching jobs I seen at DB was coach Wagner and a 9th grade team a few years ago.If DB would have taken that group and done the same when they were seniors,it would have been one of those teams you talk about like 2012 or when coach Clark took those teams to the semi's..Also ,coach Wagner is one class act .On Waco's list,the biggest difference in the last couple of years I would say is Big TY and what he has brought back to the table with the line play and also the weight room if they are using that knowledge { only a fool wouldn't } because there has never been a stronger Indian { credit to his dad there } then Big Ty or a stronger player at Wake Forest and he is also a class act.

• 6 months later...

Ha,I'll give him props for the name,be it him ,dad.uncle or whoever.. I know my first username was Rickersdad or something like that. My thoughts were, if I'm going to say something about a coach,someones kid or whatever,here I am. I got heat from the better half ,but when I changed my name to Batman ,the first person to say " Hey  Batman " at a practice was the coaches son. The name change was a joke and I gave plenty of notice when I done it. Yes,there is some downsides to not being hidden when you have a kid playing or just walking into a stadium. I was in a ticket line one time  and someone came up and said " Batman", you first have to look for a punch and then wonder who it is.That was the first time I met Red Rebels and the good people from Maryville. Still,there is some risk with all the other crazy people besides myself running around.... So props, Thomas !

24 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

Ha,I'll give him props for the name,be it him ,dad.uncle or whoever.. I know my first username was Rickersdad or something like that. My thoughts were, if I'm going to say something about a coach,someones kid or whatever,here I am. I got heat from the better half ,but when I changed my name to Batman ,the first person to say " Hey  Batman " at a practice was the coaches son. The name change was a joke and I gave plenty of notice when I done it. Yes,there is some downsides to not being hidden when you have a kid playing or just walking into a stadium. I was in a ticket line one time  and someone came up and said " Batman", you first have to look for a punch and then wonder who it is.That was the first time I met Red Rebels and the good people from Maryville. Still,there is some risk with all the other crazy people besides myself running around.... So props, Thomas !

True story. There is no way I would punch Batman. I'm smart enough to make friends with big guys.

26 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

True story. There is no way I would punch Batman. I'm smart enough to make friends with big guys.

Ha, the first thing I tried to teach my boys from way back in my own martial arts days was to be more wary of the guy that is smart then the dude who thinks he is 10 foot tall and bullet proof. The big man can be beat but the smart guy will get you when you least expect it.Hope all is well down in Maryville RR and everyone is doing ok.

• Like 1