South Pittsburg vs Joe Burns (Grider against this Adkins man)

Roy Dillard

4 hours ago, MOTO24 said:

A lot of truth here...one issue that hurts JB at times is that there are “better” options around here.  I say better because it’s subjective but my point is there are quite a few nearby options.  Some of our alumni has sent their kids to private schools and they could have helped us tremendously.  Davidson Academy and JPII are the most hurtful to us but it’s not like they are taking a bunch of players, but 1 or 2 here and there adds up.

I'd say 95 percent of our alumni kids stay here to go to school and I guess being a SP alumni is just something special we teach our kids about. We have a few leave, but not many. I really hate that for your team Moto. 

11 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

Moto I garuntee I can let that Adkins man use that orchestration manual I stole from that Ryan man last year.  You think im joking but im not. 

ROY, Old Pirate says Wendy should have let you go with OP to the plains yesterday. OP & cousin Ned watched them War Eagles earhole LSU and was surrounded by a HEEP Alabama haters! Leastways, yous needs to quit sharing that manual. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Been meaning to post this but this old geezer has been hard pressed for time. Was originally going to post it in the MC vs SP thread but that one got out of hand pretty quick. I'm not trying to bring that discussion back up, so please don't restart it. This is a post actually giving SP credit. 

Motto, Sportman, and others have made good points for the reason of SP's continued success. Time for a little history lesson for you younguns and a refresher for you old farts. Since 1997, SP has had a total of 3 coaches. Vic from 1997-2012 and 2015-Current, Ross who never coached a single game, and Tim Moore 2013-2014. MC on the other hand, is a different story. Since 1997, there have been 10 different head coaches for the Warriors. At one point having 3 different HC's over a 4 year span (2005-2008). The year 2006 is when the first domino fell that has led to the gap between SP and MC. Not only did the Pirates arguably have their most talented team in school history, but the Warriors had their best crop of collective talent since 1995. The key difference is that SP and their administration/community was all in on football while Marion County was a school that was divided from the top of the administration and community. Every athlete SP had in their school was a part of their football team, while MC had 12 more athletes that could have made major contributions sitting in the stands on Friday night because coaches in other sports encouraged them not to play football and risk getting injured. The Pirates would then go on to have their best run of football ever while the Warriors would ebb and flow, reaching great success when Larry Ziegler, a former standout lineman for the MC state teams in the 90s and middle school head coach for the players of the 2012-2015 teams, was head of administration. Consistency is key and SP has done it not only in high school, but in the middle school and youth programs as well. With that type of consistency and success, your program is going to attract athletes from other schools. It's just the way it is. Marion County was getting kids from Stevenson and all over the Valley during our years in the 90s. I don't have anything against it, people want to be a part of success. Marion County lost some home grown talent to SP over the years and the same can be said about SP. The Warriors are definitely going in the right direction now and can hopefully consistently put together great seasons again. The Pirates are rolling right on schedule. The point is that SP has a great coach in Vic, who does an excellent job of surrounding himself with good assistants. Their community and school is all in on football from little league to high school. They do a great job of getting ALL of their athletes to participate in football.

This old geezer has to take a break after all that, I think I'm going to be sick from giving you fellers all those compliments. Age has dulled the vigor in this old geezer but I will always have a hate in my heart for the orange and black. But I'm the type that has to call it like I see it and give respect on a job well done. Hope you all and Joe Byrns have a injury free game.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, oldfaithful said:

Been meaning to post this but this old geezer has been hard pressed for time. Was originally going to post it in the MC vs SP thread but that one got out of hand pretty quick. I'm not trying to bring that discussion back up, so please don't restart it. This is a post actually giving SP credit. 

Motto, Sportman, and others have made good points for the reason of SP's continued success. Time for a little history lesson for you younguns and a refresher for you old farts. Since 1997, SP has had a total of 3 coaches. Vic from 1997-2012 and 2015-Current, Ross who never coached a single game, and Tim Moore 2013-2014. MC on the other hand, is a different story. Since 1997, there have been 10 different head coaches for the Warriors. At one point having 3 different HC's over a 4 year span (2005-2008). The year 2006 is when the first domino fell that has led to the gap between SP and MC. Not only did the Pirates arguably have their most talented team in school history, but the Warriors had their best crop of collective talent since 1995. The key difference is that SP and their administration/community was all in on football while Marion County was a school that was divided from the top of the administration and community. Every athlete SP had in their school was a part of their football team, while MC had 12 more athletes that could have made major contributions sitting in the stands on Friday night because coaches in other sports encouraged them not to play football and risk getting injured. The Pirates would then go on to have their best run of football ever while the Warriors would ebb and flow, reaching great success when Larry Ziegler, a former standout lineman for the MC state teams in the 90s and middle school head coach for the players of the 2012-2015 teams, was head of administration. Consistency is key and SP has done it not only in high school, but in the middle school and youth programs as well. With that type of consistency and success, your program is going to attract athletes from other schools. It's just the way it is. Marion County was getting kids from Stevenson and all over the Valley during our years in the 90s. I don't have anything against it, people want to be a part of success. Marion County lost some home grown talent to SP over the years and the same can be said about SP. The Warriors are definitely going in the right direction now and can hopefully consistently put together great seasons again. The Pirates are rolling right on schedule. The point is that SP has a great coach in Vic, who does an excellent job of surrounding himself with good assistants. Their community and school is all in on football from little league to high school. They do a great job of getting ALL of their athletes to participate in football.

This old geezer has to take a break after all that, I think I'm going to be sick from giving you fellers all those compliments. Age has dulled the vigor in this old geezer but I will always have a hate in my heart for the orange and black. But I'm the type that has to call it like I see it and give respect on a job well done. Hope you all and Joe Byrns have a injury free game.  

You hit the nail on the head. 2 things make a great program...talent and great assistants. Can't do it all by yourself and have to trust the guys you have out there with you.

You make some good points. You and I have seen eye to eye in here for years. Even when you went by another name. You hit the nail on the head on many good points. However... we have an orange and black power P hat for you to wear to support us during the playoffs.  LMBO

Old Pirate says its good yous incognito, cause yous ain’t goin to be favored poster round the jailhouse giving any credit to SP.