White House @ Lexington Rd 1

tigerpride22

40 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

I enjoyed that playoff game we played at Lexington.  Fantastic venue, friendly fans, patriotic pre-game.  Excellent played game by both teams 

Yeah, it was. Even though last year was freezing at Springfield, it was a great game for this Lexington team to be a part of. Last year's Springfield team had a great run, and they a team I know some kids want another shot it. 

Edited by 1Eugatnom

On 10/31/2020 at 5:20 AM, copacanobra said:

Have they really?

The fans remember. The White House game, and even more so the Page game when the Tigers were 10-0 going into the playoffs left a bad taste in the mouths of longtime Tiger fans. Both years had the potential of deep runs or an appearance in Cookeville, and teams that they thought they would handle sent them home early. I'm not a Lexington fan first and foremost, but I interact with some avid fans and boosters on a regular basis... yes, you can bet they remember.

25 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

The fans remember. The White House game, and even more so the Page game when the Tigers were 10-0 going into the playoffs left a bad taste in the mouths of longtime Tiger fans. Both years had the potential of deep runs or an appearance in Cookeville, and teams that they thought they would handle sent them home early. I'm not a Lexington fan first and foremost, but I interact with some avid fans and boosters on a regular basis... yes, you can bet they remember.

I've been a Lexington fan for a long time. I honestly don't remember being 10-0 and being put out by White House. What year was this?

But, I was just speaking for this team in particular. They knew who White House Heritage was and Springfield, that's about it from this region.

31 minutes ago, 1Eugatnom said:

I've been a Lexington fan for a long time. I honestly don't remember being 10-0 and being put out by White House. What year was this?

But, I was just speaking for this team in particular. They knew who White House Heritage was and Springfield, that's about it from this region.

The 10-0 year was Page... don't remember the year or the exact score, but I think Lexington was shut out and lost 6-0. The White House game would have been about 2013, with a 21-14 score if my memory serves me correctly (I was at the WH game).

Edit...

I went back and checked. WH game was 2013... Page was 2011, and Lexington scored 6 instead of losing 6-0.

Edited by tradertwo

12 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

The 10-0 year was Page... don't remember the year or the exact score, but I think Lexington was shut out and lost 6-0. The White House game would have been about 2013, with a 21-14 score if my memory serves me correctly (I was at the WH game).

Page was definitely a heart breaker. I think most kids on the team has somebody that always elludes to that game when the playoffs start.

WH did beat us in 2013 in the second round. They beat a team we thought was a very good LHS team. But, I think most of us just chalked it up to a loss to a better team....and officiating.

Honestly Liberty was the team that always left that bad taste for me. They put our our 2012 team. That team broke records at LHS. Even with all of the success the 79-80 Tigers teams had, that 2012 team is still the most explosive in LHS history.

Edited by 1Eugatnom

45 minutes ago, 1Eugatnom said:

There’s an awesome website out there that has tons of team info and past scores from years gone by. It’s ahsfhs.org and all you do is follow the links for Tennessee high school football. You can look up past years schedules of your team. 

2 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

There’s an awesome website out there that has tons of team info and past scores from years gone by. It’s ahsfhs.org and all you do is follow the links for Tennessee high school football. You can look up past years schedules of your team. 

Thanks. I use it already, but sometimes I get lazy so I just ask.

@tradertwo was one of the posters that I learned to trust years ago on this website. I knew he would have a valid answer. I quit posting on this site 7 years ago, but I still remember the posters that brought value to each thread.

4 minutes ago, 1Eugatnom said:

Thanks. I use it already, but sometimes I get lazy so I just ask.

@tradertwo was one of the posters that I learned to trust years ago on this website. I knew he would have a valid answer. I quit posting on this site 7 years ago, but I still remember the posters that brought value to each thread.

That website is awesome no doubt! A person could hours looking at all the info on there.