Thoughts on William Blount's 2020 Season

Governm

23 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

91 this is a picture of the last Lanier team that had only 250 kids in that school with a 28 man football team. To my knowledge there was only one freshman player that was with the varsity and they had a 9th grade team not included with this picture. William Blount a school that has 1,600 plus students has a varsity football team with 51 players and 18 freshmen. Friendsville had a school with just at 500 students that produced a 27 man varsity not including the freshmen. Those two schools had 55 football players out of 750 kids and your on here telling me travel distance doesn't hurt William Blount and I'm on here showing you the pictures of the two teams which I will put the Friendsville picture up in the next post.

Scan.jpg?width=590&height=370&fit=bounds

Great pic. I have a lot of family in that Lanier pic.  Thanks for posting Barney. ....and you're 100% right about the consolidation of the community schools.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2020 at 6:57 PM, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

Heard it before. LOL

And you will see it again!!..For there sake,I hope they do better.Cause if not im going to be here reminding the folks that thought they'd have an easier schedule how foolish they look.Spending that money for longer traveling games but getting the same out comes.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DBturningitAROUND said:

And you will see it again!!..For there sake,I hope they do better.Cause if not im going to be here reminding the folks that thought they'd have an easier schedule how foolish they look.Spending that money for longer traveling games but getting the same out comes.

Good grief, dude. It's not all about DB. We dropped Maryville and added teams like Clinton, Karns, and Hardin Valley. And region wise we will play teams like Morristown East and Jefferson County. How is saying we can win more games against that schedule a slight to DB? But since you chose to run your mouth, WB is 3-3 against DB in the last 6 matchups between the two teams and two of those wins were in Kingsport. Like it or not, WB has been competitive with DB. And you talk about road trips, but DB has to come to WB in 2021 and we had long road trips in the old region too. 

Edited by TheGreatWallofAlnwick

2 minutes ago, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

Good grief, dude. It's not all about DB. We dropped Maryville and added teams like Clinton, Karns, and Hardin Valley. And region wise we will play teams like Morristown East and Jefferson County. How is saying we can win more games against that schedule a slight to DB? But since you chose to run your mouth, WB is 3-3 against DB in the last 6 matchups between the two teams and two of those wins were in Kingsport. Like it or not, WB has been competitive with DB. And you talk about road trips, but DB has to come to WB in 2021. 

If you could read you'd know I didn't say anything about WB playing DB.I posted about the reason for them switching regions.And going by some of the post some thinking it's going to be easier to win games in region 1. WB must feel that way,Why else would they want to switch regions?..Just Saying

4 minutes ago, DBturningitAROUND said:

If you could read you'd know I didn't say anything about WB playing DB.I posted about the reason for them switching regions.And going by some of the post some thinking it's going to be easier to win games in region 1. WB must feel that way,Why else would they want to switch regions?..Just Saying

I can read circles around you, bud.  You talked smack earlier and the fact that you got butthurt about me thinking WB can win more games with the new schedule shows that it hurt your ego in some way.

Let's look at the math.  DB and SH will be the favorites in the new region and WB is 3-3 against DB in the last 6 matchups between the two teams. On the other hand WB hasn't beaten Maryville since 1999 and is 0-7 against Bradley in the last 7 matchups between the two teams.

So yeah, the schedule will be easier. Anyone who disagrees with that isn't very bright.

15 hours ago, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

I can read circles around you, bud.  You talked smack earlier and the fact that you got butthurt about me thinking WB can win more games with the new schedule shows that it hurt your ego in some way.

Let's look at the math.  DB and SH will be the favorites in the new region and WB is 3-3 against DB in the last 6 matchups between the two teams. On the other hand WB hasn't beaten Maryville since 1999 and is 0-7 against Bradley in the last 7 matchups between the two teams.

So yeah, the schedule will be easier. Anyone who disagrees with that isn't very bright.

I really wish that just one year Boone could get an easier schedule in which all games are at least winnable, where you have a good probability of going 10-0.   Then if you end up 7-3 or whatever at least it's on you at that point.       For instance, we are 2-33 against Elizabethton but yet we keep scheduling them year after year.   It is an unwinnable game, you start out with one guaranteed loss before the season even begins.    So I say good for WB to get some more winnable games and hopefully generate more interest and excitement for the football program.    And not that it matters, but I will be pulling for you to beat the daylights out of DB and SH next year.

DBturningitAROUND is right about one thing; the past doesn't matter. Having said that, most people factor in past outcomes when they are trying to predict the future. Let's talk about the present. As of right now, WB will have at least decent qb play and be able to put 3 or 4 receivers out on the field that can make plays. That spells trouble for teams with weak secondaries.