PROPOSED 2021-2023 REGIONS

Southtowner

26 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Nobody will go to those games Houston will be the new Halls. No money to be made

Huntingdon went to Houston Co in the last cycle and filled up the visitor bleachers. All the other region 7 teams will bring a good crowd also. If I was Houston Co I would be excited to get to play the tradition rich teams that make up region 7. You learn what it takes to win. There ain't no easy road!

11 hours ago, Sequatchie33 said:

Spellcheck.

What about us in Dunlap?  Will TSSAA revisit the proposal? What’s the criteria to stay or request to revisit this proposal? We have a good case! As does Meigs if they preferred to stay in region 2

I would think Meigs would favor Region 3. Probably less travel but I could be wrong. @Imthayeti

2 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I spoke with a few coaches about it. They seem to lead me to believe we will stay where we are put if I understood them correctly.

Ok, was kinda looking forward to the matchup next year... maybe we can get a scrimmage but I know a lot of coaches don't like to do that either especially if it's a chance they might meet in the post season.

21 hours ago, TCRadio said:

Idk whites creek will have a little athleticism but Westy smoked them last year, and Harpeth has been a playoff team in 3A so we will see the top dogs are still the top dogs though for sure 

Whites Creek is awful,,, kids were out of pocket, can't be coached.

21 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

Ok, was kinda looking forward to the matchup next year... maybe we can get a scrimmage but I know a lot of coaches don't like to do that either especially if it's a chance they might meet in the post season.

I mean stay where the TSSAA put us which is with you. Again though that's not a certainty as to what their plans are.

26 minutes ago, GBO52 said:

Whites Creek is awful,,, kids were out of pocket, can't be coached.

I looked it up last night, win percentages for the 2 teams coming into the region and the 2 leaving in the last 10 seasons, Whites Creek had 16.8% win pct, Harpeth has a 38.9%, Cascade has a 42.7%, and Jackson has a 44.9% so as someone said the region arguably gets less competitive 

31 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

I looked it up last night, win percentages for the 2 teams coming into the region and the 2 leaving in the last 10 seasons, Whites Creek had 16.8% win pct, Harpeth has a 38.9%, Cascade has a 42.7%, and Jackson has a 44.9% so as someone said the region arguably gets less competitive 

I agree 100%, I think it solidifies the 1 2 3 and 4 seed already....... How does watertown have a 5A built school and 2A numbers is my question... What do they do with all the empty space?

Edited by GBO52

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

Huntingdon went to Houston Co in the last cycle and filled up the visitor bleachers. All the other region 7 teams will bring a good crowd also. If I was Houston Co I would be excited to get to play the tradition rich teams that make up region 7. You learn what it takes to win. There ain't no easy road!

Lol

12 minutes ago, GBO52 said:

I agree 100%, I think it solidifies the 1 2 3 and 4 seed already....... How does watertown have a 5A built school and 2A numbers is my question... What do they do with all the empty space?

Your guess is as good as mine and I feel like Harpeth could have a good team here or there, 1,2,&3 are probably going to be the same teams as always that 4 seed could be competitive though