Southtowner

5 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

My Thoughts on the new regions:

Class 3A

Biggest winner:

Giles County

East Nashville

Fairview

Don’t see Fairview being the biggest winner with Waverly moving into their Region. Waverly is stacked and will return 9 starters on offense and 10 on defense. 

Edited by Trollin

11 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Polk, and Tellico traded for Cumberland Gap and Wartburg. Oneida and Rockwood traded for Tyner, Bledsoe, and Marion.  I believe we made out about the same really. We already played Polk as a non region game before.

But unlike this year, you will actually have some tough playoff games before the semis. Even if you won the region next year, instead of playing Watertown/Trousdale in the semi, you would get one of them round two, and the other round three.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Don’t see Fairview being the biggest winner with Waverly moving into their Region. Waverly is stacked and will return 9 starters on offense and 10 on defense. 

I think he's referencing Pearl Cohn being gone from quad 3 now. Trust me we're all winners because of that. 

Waverly will be the favorite in that proposed region for sure next year. 

16 minutes ago, Trollin said:

4 minutes ago, Swarm said:

I think he's referencing Pearl Cohn being gone from quad 3 now. Trust me we're all winners because of that. 

Waverly will be the favorite in that proposed region for sure next year. 

I added them because their ability to reach the semi-final with Pearl Cohn gone got easier.   That was it.   

Like I said, "my thoughts".    I don't expect everyone to agree....lol

22 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Polk, and Tellico traded for Cumberland Gap and Wartburg. Oneida and Rockwood traded for Tyner, Bledsoe, and Marion.  I believe we made out about the same really. We already played Polk as a non region game before.

That pick was based more on the path to the semi-finals being tougher now that you have to go thru TC and Watertown to get there.   

In the past that WAS your semi-final game.

6 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

That pick was based more on the path to the semi-finals being tougher now that you have to go thru TC and Watertown to get there.   

Yeah I also believe that’s going to be a more competitive region the next couple of years.

7 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Gotcha, that means their road got rougher too lol.:ph34r: I will prefer those type games though.