Springfield vs Hardin County

DutchMantel

On 11/8/2020 at 6:05 PM, bigdawgtn said:

I worry more about the passing attack of Hardin than the run. Our run defense has been very solid all year. Its funny i worry more about passing attack because i believe we have 10 or 11 ints this year. Our defense turned a page after marshall and they have been playing lights out. I honestly think both teams will score and this could turn into an old fashioned shoot out

Food for thought on the Jackets pass defense. They’ve gotten much much better since the come apart at Marshall County. Creek Wood’s qb was averaging around 100 yards or better through the air and only had been picked 3 times prior to that game. The Jackets picked him 3 times and held them well under his average and completely shut them down in the second half. I know Hardin County’s passing attack is much better, but I do believe the Jackets will be ok. I agree both sides are going to score and give up big plays, I just think the Jackets will make the stops when they have to. Put the old Wilson bend but don’t break D on them.

I have seen HC in a couple, I say these teams are basically separated by one a score, BUT a late turnover will put an extra score making it look worse than it was...

SPT - 35

HC - 21

No disrespect to HC, we have had a knack for causing TOs all season and is a large part of why we have had success... 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

I have seen HC in a couple, I say these teams are basically separated by one a score, BUT a late turnover will put an extra score making it look worse than it was...

SPT - 35

HC - 21

No disrespect to HC, we have had a knack for causing TOs all season and is a large part of why we have had success... 

I could see this happening especially if our defense is getting after the QB

2 hours ago, JimBeamDonnan said:

If this game takes place on a dry surface and judging by the way Springfield takes care of their field, forecast, etc.  It may be the best matchup of the second round.  Barring any contact tracing issues, injuries, and so on, this will be a must see ball game.  

I agree. Two even matched, disciplined and well coached teams.  

4 hours ago, JimBeamDonnan said:

If this game takes place on a dry surface and judging by the way Springfield takes care of their field, forecast, etc.  It may be the best matchup of the second round.  Barring any contact tracing issues, injuries, and so on, this will be a must see ball game.  

Agreed....this is the kind of game that gets me very excited!

5 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

I don’t put a lot of faith in their numbers, but the current Sonny Moore power ratings have Hardin County as a 6 point favorite Friday night. It at least makes for good discussion, lol. 

I put no faith in their numbers. Really surprised to see S. M. To have HC favored. But I could live with a 6 point win, lol.

57 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

I put no faith in their numbers. Really surprised to see S. M. To have HC favored. But I could live with a 6 point win, lol.

It makes for fun chatter but yeah, their numbers sometimes don’t make a lot of sense. They have HC as a 7 point favorite over Lexington as well. I found it interesting that they also have Betsy and Tullahoma dead even. 

1 hour ago, JacketLover said:

It makes for fun chatter but yeah, their numbers sometimes don’t make a lot of sense. They have HC as a 7 point favorite over Lexington as well. I found it interesting that they also have Betsy and Tullahoma dead even. 

Yeah I really don’t know how they come up with these numbers. Some I think may be close and some seem off to me, but I’m no expert. But for this game i think it would favor Springfield atleast for home field if nothing else.