Springfield vs Hardin County

DutchMantel

9 hours ago, JacketLover said:

I’m just disappointed we got so conservative. I get down inside our 10 not throwing any, but I wish we had taken a couple of shots deep with Kelly. I get when #2 was on him not doing it but sometimes they rolled #17 over there and had #2 in the middle. That would’ve been a good time to do it even if it’s not complete to help stretch the field out. It feels like we left a couple of bullets in the chamber. I’m sure there was a reason that I’m not aware of that we didn’t go deep but I sure wish we had. 

I very rarely talk about play calling or challenge the calls especially not knowing the exact game plan and in game situations  .......but I totally agree with being too conservative. It was ridiculous to not run something other than between the tackles when it clearly WASN’T working, especially when your starting center is out due to contact tracing. You’ve got to loosen up and try to gain some yardage and help your defense, who was playing lights out and keeping you in the game. The defense just wore out late in the second half due to being on the field so much. IMHO the OC put the DC in a bad spot late in the game due to play calling. Hats off to Hardin county they never gave up even late and found a way to win. Best of luck the rest of the way.

Edited by Poundtherock23

28 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

One interesting tidbit from last night’s game is that was only the third loss on that field for Springfield since we began playing on it four years ago. 

That’s a great run. No doubt in my mind that will start another winning streak on that field. I enjoy chatting with all y’all on here. But kinda glad y’all are going 5-A. Lol 

27 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

That’s a great run. No doubt in my mind that will start another winning streak on that field. I enjoy chatting with all y’all on here. But kinda glad y’all are going 5-A. Lol 

Appreciate it. Y’all have a tough one next week. Lexington is strong where HC is weaker, and that’s up front and in physicality. I’m sure if Wolfe was playing that would be different but losing that presence did weaken y’all up front. 

23 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

Appreciate it. Y’all have a tough one next week. Lexington is strong where HC is weaker, and that’s up front and in physicality. I’m sure if Wolfe was playing that would be different but losing that presence did weaken y’all up front. 

Your right. Hoping coach can figure out some way to slow em down. But I’m optimistic, because I never thought we would hold y’all to 21 pts. So I think there showing improvement now week to week. May not be enough to get past Lexington though. There front 5 are hard to handle. Mclaine and Smith are hard to keep contain on. Tall task, we will see!

1 minute ago, Tigersandcats said:

Your right. Hoping coach can figure out some way to slow em down. But I’m optimistic, because I never thought we would hold y’all to 21 pts. So I think there showing improvement now week to week. May not be enough to get past Lexington though. There front 5 are hard to handle. Mclaine and Smith are hard to keep contain on. Tall task, we will see!

I think we had as much to do with holding ourselves to 21 as your defense did by being so conservative. That was the least we threw the ball all year last night. Y’all deserved the win no doubt though. I do think your coaches need to get Hunt out in space more to give him that run/pass option. 

32 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

I think we had as much to do with holding ourselves to 21 as your defense did by being so conservative. That was the least we threw the ball all year last night. Y’all deserved the win no doubt though. I do think your coaches need to get Hunt out in space more to give him that run/pass option. 

I did think y’all would open the offense up more for sure. Kept waiting for y’all to take some shots downfield. Your pro right about holding yourselves down. Yes gonna have to get Hunt out of the pocket, if we can’t protect him. Receivers gonna have to break there routes off early and come back to the ball as well. Shorter routes would help against these fast defenses. Sounded like y’all had more lined up on defensive front than we had guys to block with several times last night