Springfield vs Hardin County

DutchMantel

7 minutes ago, brian2000 said:

The Jackets play calling was much different the first drive than it was in the 2nd half. I assume our coaches weren’t confident passing down in our own territory. Tigers defense played the run and did it well at the time

Other than Box’s 60 to 70 run around the edge we play the whole 2nd half on our end of the field 

8 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

I did think y’all would open the offense up more for sure. Kept waiting for y’all to take some shots downfield. Your pro right about holding yourselves down. Yes gonna have to get Hunt out of the pocket, if we can’t protect him. Receivers gonna have to break there routes off early and come back to the ball as well. Shorter routes would help against these fast defenses. Sounded like y’all had more lined up on defensive front than we had guys to block with several times last night 

That is what was killing me in the 3rd qtr, yall had adjusted properly and were defending the middle run plays we were having success with in the 1st half and it just didnt seem like we counter adjusted. It was like they were afraid to throw the ball while backed up. I personally feel that is exactly what we needed to do. I dont like to question our coaches because their resume speaks for itself and I wouldnt want anyone else tbh, but man it just hurt the way that went down at the end...

5 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

That is what was killing me in the 3rd qtr, yall had adjusted properly and were defending the middle run plays we were having success with in the 1st half and it just didnt seem like we counter adjusted. It was like they were afraid to throw the ball while backed up. I personally feel that is exactly what we needed to do. I dont like to question our coaches because their resume speaks for itself and I wouldnt want anyone else tbh, but man it just hurt the way that went down at the end...

Yep my thoughts exactly 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

51 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

Yep my thoughts exactly 

Well you know  yalls D was playing so good, with those goal line stands, I guess maybe he wanted to leave it to his defense. I agree it’s hard to question a coach as good as Wilson. It’s hard to go away from what has worked so well for your team . Plus if you start throwing incomplete passes that clock stops.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

Well you know  yalls D was playing so good, with those goal line stands, I guess maybe he wanted to leave it to his defense. I agree it’s hard to question a coach as good as Wilson. It’s hard to go away from what has worked so well for your team . Plus if you start throwing incomplete passes that clock stops.

I get that, but it would have helped the defense if we could have gotten some 1st downs in the 3rd qtr, we have had success all year on 3rd downs throwing the ball, in situations we needed 7 or more yards even, I just felt like we leaned way too much on the defense and in the end it hung them out to dry. Anyway, no reason to harp on it I guess, when you are in the stands or on the couch it is easy to question what should have been done, I will say again, I wouldnt want any other coaching staff...

37 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

I agree about passing. The lack of passing really didn’t concern me, it was not calling off tackle and outside of the tackle run plays. Our speed in space has been dangerous all year, let them bounce it outside and see what happens. The last TD we had was ran off tackle for 60 yards......

10 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

I get that, but it would have helped the defense if we could have gotten some 1st downs in the 3rd qtr, we have had success all year on 3rd downs throwing the ball, in situations we needed 7 or more yards even, I just felt like we leaned way too much on the defense and in the end it hung them out to dry. Anyway, no reason to harp on it I guess, when you are in the stands or on the couch it is easy to question what should have been done, I will say again, I wouldnt want any other coaching staff...

I read an article earlier in I assume yalls local paper, with coach Wilson. After reading it I thought that’s the kinda coach any parent or fan would want leading there program. Think he’s way more about growing them young men than he is about wins or losses. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bigdawgtn said:

was even  more classless they where spitting on our midfield logo pregame

I guess when a team is 12-1 against teams from regions 6 and 7 the last four years an opponent will act like a fool pregame and then act like they’ve won a state championship at the end. I give props to HC for winning, but it was as much about Springfield beating themselves as it was Hardin beating them. I feel like we went to a gunfight and came home with two or three bullets still in the clip.