Class 6A Playoffs Sweet 16 -- McMinn County at D-B

TribalEmpire

On 11/14/2020 at 9:44 AM, Swipes said:

That would raise bigger questions with other programs if that is protocol.  Ex.  Elizabethton’s starting Rb didn’t play last because he was in quarantine.  If 10 days is the rule and you know he had to be around the team at some point since he is the starting RB then why didn’t the whole team have to quarantine? Betsy had three starting Oline not play against Boone earlier in the year because of quarantine but still played the week before we those same 3 starting online so it couldn’t be 10 days from Friday to Friday

True. That’s probably a phone call that EH will be making to the TSSAA after today’s ruling comes out. IF, it is ruled that DB advances due to the fact they didn’t quarantine. Just thinking out loud. 

21 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I honestly do not believe the T$$AA ever set out to screw one school or another, but how in the world could they not have anticipated a situation like this and had a plan in place to quickly resolve it?      Have they been living on another planet the last year??       I just have a gut feeling that both teams are going to get shafted here

The TSSAA will not miss out on the ticket revenue for this Friday against Maryville. Somebody will be at the skeeter Friday night playing Maryville and I’m hoping it’s DB. ROLL TRIBE

29 minutes ago, dbFAN91 said:

True. That’s probably a phone call that EH will be making to the TSSAA after today’s ruling comes out. IF, it is ruled that DB advances due to the fact they didn’t quarantine. Just thinking out loud. 

The problem is the TSSAA didn't set out clear rules in the begging, they left it up to each local health department.  If they do decide on implementing a rule across the board now then it's going to open up a huge can of worms since everyone hasn't been following the same protocol since health departments have ruled differently.  The problem I have is anyone that's not an elected official making calls like this.  It's the same reason in Knox County there was huge push back when the Health department thought they had the authority to hand out fines when they were never elected by anyone just assigned. 

4 hours ago, etcoach said:

As I have said....health departments are like replay officials....frequently overstepping their bounds....wanting to make sure they are noticed.

Sumtimes ewe jist gotta haiv whut Knotts Cowntee haz......A mimburr ov tha hellth bored thait peepull weal lissun two, haz a littull good ole commun cents and iz abowt 6'8 340.........:popcorneater:

Kane Reveals His Pick On The Greatest WWE Match Of All Time -  EssentiallySports

Edited by STARSNBARS

19 hours ago, Swipes said:

The problem is the TSSAA didn't set out clear rules in the begging, they left it up to each local health department.  If they do decide on implementing a rule across the board now then it's going to open up a huge can of worms since everyone hasn't been following the same protocol since health departments have ruled differently.  The problem I have is anyone that's not an elected official making calls like this.  It's the same reason in Knox County there was huge push back when the Health department thought they had the authority to hand out fines when they were never elected by anyone just assigned. 

I don't want to defend TSSAA but the Health Dept is designated by the governor as "the law" when it comes to C19.  But I agree that there should have been better rules to cover this.  

I asked the Sullivan County mayor where he gained the authority to mandate masks in Sullivan County, his reply:

"There is nothing legal about my pronouncement on mask other than the bully pulpit. However, do I have the authority to issue a legal order?  The short answer is yes.  Being one of six Regional Health Departments we do have the right of independent action.  Under the Governors declaration of an emergency our Medical Director is granted that authority by state statute.  Being that the Directors works at my pleasure and if he doesn’t take direction from me I have the authority to fire him and hire someone who will do my bidding.  Be assured that will not happen."

Ain't that a laugh.  But the short of it is, the regional health department can stop anything from football games to small group meetings - sort of a dictatorship, if we let them be. (note his spelling and wording).

The bad news is that this is only a miniscule problem compared to the mess this country is headed into. HS football is a welcome relief - usually.

1 hour ago, DBGRAD70 said:

I don't want to defend TSSAA but the Health Dept is designated by the governor as "the law" when it comes to C19.  But I agree that there should have been better rules to cover this.  

I asked the Sullivan County mayor where he gained the authority to mandate masks in Sullivan County, his reply:

"There is nothing legal about my pronouncement on mask other than the bully pulpit. However, do I have the authority to issue a legal order?  The short answer is yes.  Being one of six Regional Health Departments we do have the right of independent action.  Under the Governors declaration of an emergency our Medical Director is granted that authority by state statute.  Being that the Directors works at my pleasure and if he doesn’t take direction from me I have the authority to fire him and hire someone who will do my bidding.  Be assured that will not happen."

Ain't that a laugh.  But the short of it is, the regional health department can stop anything from football games to small group meetings - sort of a dictatorship, if we let them be. (note his spelling and wording).

The bad news is that this is only a miniscule problem compared to the mess this country is headed into. HS football is a welcome relief - usually.

I think pretty much all "elected officials" have been on a power trip since birth. If you ever sit down for a long conversation with one and pay attention you'll learn that they have this sense of being needed. Like the people need their expertise. The longer they stay in office the stronger that sense gets. Not very many people pay any attention to what these elected officials are doing behind the scene's. Now we throw in health care officials and give them total power over our every day lives as they trample all over our constitutional rights. And to date we're just letting them do it. There's no proof that a mask will prevent you from getting Covid. There's no proof that staying 6 ft. away from someone will prevent you from getting Covid. But they have all us doing it anyway and the Covid cases keep going up. These so called "leaders" and health care "officials" don't have a clue. People should pay attention to what these people are doing. Basically we have put the dumbest people of society in charge instead of the smartest. You can mark this down, their not going to let go of this new found power. After Covid it's going to be something else, or they'll build in restrictions to "prevent" another Covid. 

Is it WaCo or Whacko?  The reason this virus is not contained better than it is right now is because of people like you who favor conspiracy theories and in a irate information over facts and science. Constitutional rights?  Tell me just one of your rights that have been violated.  Good God, man, masks don’t protect you...they protect others from you.  And distance....are you kidding me?  
We’re finally getting some leadership that will listen to those who do know and understand science.

Roll Tribe

• CoachT locked this topic