Creek Wood @ Lexington - Rd. 2

tigerpride22

3 hours ago, Tata said:

You are probably right. CW has been on the upswing, but speed kills and I'm sure that Lexington has plenty

Lexington doesn’t have the speed of Springfield but their RBs are bigger. They don’t throw it like Springfield does either but they will pass it on occasion. The run is their bread and butter, and their line is more aggressive than Springfield’s too. 

27 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

Lexington doesn’t have the speed of Springfield but their RBs are bigger. They don’t throw it like Springfield does either but they will pass it on occasion. The run is their bread and butter, and their line is more aggressive than Springfield’s too. 

My wife is from Lex so I’m pretty familiar with them. Her nephew started on the line there for 3 years. They seem to always have a strong Oline. 

56 minutes ago, RedHawkfan615 said:

CW was missing 3 starters when they played y’all. Not saying it would have changed the outcome, but would’ve helped. 

For sure it would have helped if they could have played  and if the WR hadn’t broken his leg the game could have been different.  How is he doing?  Do you know? 

Edited by TheCommissioner

1 hour ago, RedHawkfan615 said:

My wife is from Lex so I’m pretty familiar with them. Her nephew started on the line there for 3 years. They seem to always have a strong Oline. 

This year's line is the best one Lexington has had in a long time. But, they took thier lumps. Most of them are 3 year starters, even the lone junior. They had some growing pains for a little bit

1 hour ago, TheCommissioner said:

For sure it would have helped if they could have played  and if the WR hadn’t broken his leg the game could have been different.  How is he doing?  Do you know? 

He didn’t break anything but was waiting for MRI results the Saturday after the game.  His mom was texting the info to the mom of the Springfield player that tackled him. She said his pain was an 8 on a scale of 10 so I bet he had some ligament damage or something similar 

3 hours ago, 1Eugatnom said:

This year's line is the best one Lexington has had in a long time. But, they took thier lumps. Most of them are 3 year starters, even the lone junior. They had some growing pains for a little bit

That's great! I truly believe (like most) that the line on both sides of the ball is where games are won.