Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

kingofthenorth

Smith County looking for a new Head Coach

Recommended Posts

When other teams appreciate you having a coach because they know they can win as long as he is there then there’s an issue.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Merlyn said:

When other teams appreciate you having a coach because they know they can win as long as he is there then there’s an issue.... 

Smith County has nowhere near the athletes it used to have. Just not a good job.

He was 4-1 in the region and that is what matters so what teams are you referring too? Upperman has better players.

Edited by MichaelMyers76
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Smith County has nowhere near the athletes it used to have. Just not a good job.

Oh I agree 100% but still no excuse for some of the losses they’ve had or the way they’ve lost. There isn’t as much talent there but there is some talent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Smith County has nowhere near the athletes it used to have. Just not a good job.

He was 4-1 in the region and that is what matters so what teams are you referring too? Upperman has better players.

Smith County is like most small town teams. Talent goes in cycles, up and down, They always have a few very good players, but the key is developing the rest to maximize all they give you. The 2 that come to mind at SC that were good at that were Rankin and  Maynord.    

Well, at least we may see the end of the Wing helmets, uniforms, Dirty Birds stuff and the Hole can be the Hole again instead of the Owls Nest. I know, I know, I'm Old School, but never did like that stuff. But that's just me..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Reynard said:

Smith County is like most small town teams. Talent goes in cycles, up and down, They always have a few very good players, but the key is developing the rest to maximize all they give you. The 2 that come to mind at SC that were good at that were Rankin and  Maynord.    

Well, at least we may see the end of the Wing helmets, uniforms, Dirty Birds stuff and the Hole can be the Hole again instead of the Owls Nest. I know, I know, I'm Old School, but never did like that stuff. But that's just me..

Worst walk to the stadium in the state!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Reynard said:

Smith County is like most small town teams. Talent goes in cycles, up and down, They always have a few very good players, but the key is developing the rest to maximize all they give you. The 2 that come to mind at SC that were good at that were Rankin and  Maynord.    

Well, at least we may see the end of the Wing helmets, uniforms, Dirty Birds stuff and the Hole can be the Hole again instead of the Owls Nest. I know, I know, I'm Old School, but never did like that stuff. But that's just me..

I agree! Black helmets on black jersey/pants combo. SC on the 50 yard line painted black. Make it the “hole” like it’s supposed to be. The stigma around traditional programs is what makes them great. Most of the time change doesn’t go well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, H2Oman said:

Worst walk to the stadium in the state!

 It depends on where you walk from. To the stadium it's not bad. It's all downhill. ,Get beat, it's usually a long walk up a hill. Win and you wont notice.  Its like anywhere else, Depends on what time you get there and know where to park. and now days, with stands 1/4 full, almost park at the gate. 

Evidently you've never been to Macon Co..or Gville, or a dozen other places around here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Reynard said:

 It depends on where you walk from. To the stadium it's not bad. It's all downhill. ,Get beat, it's usually a long walk up a hill. Win and you wont notice.  Its like anywhere else, Depends on what time you get there and know where to park. and now days, with stands 1/4 full, almost park at the gate. 

Evidently you've never been to Macon Co..or Gville, or a dozen other places around here.

 

I’ve been to all of those places with the exception of Macon. I love the stadium, it kind of reminds me of the bowl in Lawrence County, but the last time I walked back up that hill I thought I was going to have to call the paramedics! Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone has unrealistic expectations. 8-2 in the region in two seasons. Scheduling could have been better/easier and the overall record would have been. Just seems like two years is a pretty short leash at a program that is far from great... and for this to happen on Monday following the last game tells me something has been in the works behind closed doors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...