Smith County looking for a new Head Coach

kingofthenorth

No since daydreaming about consolidation!!! Back to our topic. If I had a choice I would make Gentry say no. He has the name and brings experience to your program that is needed. Your other options would be someone like Dyer or even Frye from Lebanon. Both are Smith County Guys that would love a shot at running the program they grew up in. Neither has been a head coach before that I know of but you got to start somewhere. Frye may have more connections for bringing assistants with him. Dyer is from a coaching family and has done well as an assistant at Macon and Trousdale Counties. His dad was head coach for several years after Rankin and was on his staff when he was here. I'm not sure of anyone else that has applied. I know there was several that applied but I don't have names.

17 hours ago, glover said:

No since daydreaming about consolidation!!! Back to our topic. If I had a choice I would make Gentry say no. He has the name and brings experience to your program that is needed. Your other options would be someone like Dyer or even Frye from Lebanon. Both are Smith County Guys that would love a shot at running the program they grew up in. Neither has been a head coach before that I know of but you got to start somewhere. Frye may have more connections for bringing assistants with him. Dyer is from a coaching family and has done well as an assistant at Macon and Trousdale Counties. His dad was head coach for several years after Rankin and was on his staff when he was here. I'm not sure of anyone else that has applied. I know there was several that applied but I don't have names.

It would appear  that Dyer is a done deal. The posting was removed last week and no announcement has been made. Just seems like they are waiting for someone's season to end.