Smith County looking for a new Head Coach

kingofthenorth

3 hours ago, DirtyBird18 said:

Looks like Dyer. He’s a good coach, so I’m in no way knocking the hire. My issue is the entire program is in shambles with Barry and his cronies trying to play AD. Murray got fired because he made someone mad, not because of win/loss; but everyone wants to sweep that under the rug. There’s an 800 pound gorilla in the corner that everyone is ignoring. 

So who are these cronies??? Who did Murray make mad??? And you have no clue what you are talking about. You just seem to want to run the program down because you didn't get what you wanted. That seems to be the elephant in the room.

3 hours ago, DirtyBird18 said:

Looks like Dyer. He’s a good coach, so I’m in no way knocking the hire. My issue is the entire program is in shambles with Barry and his cronies trying to play AD. Murray got fired because he made someone mad, not because of win/loss; but everyone wants to sweep that under the rug. There’s an 800 pound gorilla in the corner that everyone is ignoring. 

the entire program is in Shambles? Really? Maybe you need to take a deep breath and think a minute. Maybe, just maybe ...If the program is in shambles, as you say, that may be the reason as to why Murray was let go. Nothing has changed one way or another in the past 3 weeks. So, if the program is in shambles (again as you claim) it didn't get that way AFTER the season ended.  If you know where that rug is and what's under it, let's some of us in on what you know.   

Just a thought from someone across the river...

The program is in shambles compared to what it was under Maynard. It's not a dumpster fire, but it's not anywhere near what it was.

I've heard a lot of things that has happened that shortened the leash on Murray, however, I don't think one can question the work he put in, at least from what I've seen.

One thing that puzzles me is that you really can't ask for a better region record, and 2 years is an awful short time-leash.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DirtyBird18 said:

The “real insight” is y’all are morons!

I don't think anybody on this thread knows anything much, except maybe oldSC7,  so I would guess that would put you in the same boat as the rest of us wouldn't it??  We don't have the answers and apparently neither do you. We don't know about cronies, rugs and gorillas and ask your knowledge about such things which apparently you do know about...., we are the morons??   I understand now.. 

3 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

Just a thought from someone across the river...

The program is in shambles compared to what it was under Maynard. It's not a dumpster fire, but it's not anywhere near what it was.

I've heard a lot of things that has happened that shortened the leash on Murray, however, I don't think one can question the work he put in, at least from what I've seen.

One thing that puzzles me is that you really can't ask for a better region record, and 2 years is an awful short time-leash.

You are right Croz. It wasn't effort on Murry's part, nor wins and losses. When kids are leaving the program or threatening to leave, something is amiss.

3 minutes ago, Reynard said:

You are right Croz. It wasn't effort on Murry's part, nor wins and losses. When kids are leaving the program or threatening to leave, something is amiss.

Serious question... those that left or threatened to leave, why? Also, do the parents of those players have enough pull to have the higher make a coaching change after a two year period? I’m with Croz on that part, two years doesn’t seem like much time. 

6 minutes ago, Reynard said:

Something is “amiss”? I done told y’all Murray made someone mad. Apparently more people than me see that something is “amiss”. Just wish we could all just be told what happened to have a shortened leash and who’s really pulling the puppet strings. 

16 minutes ago, Reynard said:

Look at Murray’s history and the schools left. I know a guy that played for him in metro and he said when the hire was made to sit back and watch because he would leave the program worse than he found it and people would leave because of him. Regardless he is gone and a new coach is being hired. This thread is about who will be hired, not why Murray got fired.