Smith County looking for a new Head Coach

kingofthenorth

4 hours ago, DirtyBird18 said:

And NOW...

The moment you’ve all been waiting for...

The Final Word from the Dirty Bird. 

Dear Barry and Glover, you both know nothing about football and it’s people like you who have made this once proud program the laughing stock of the area. Please stop. 

Barry, maybe if you would let people who know what they’re doing actually be in charge of something, our athletic teams and entire school system would be a little better. Consistently micromanaging is a sign of either weakness or incompetence... perhaps both.  This isn’t Trousdale and your name isn’t Satterfield. 

Glover, boy I could go on for days with you... but let’s focus on issues at hand. Shouldn’t you be focusing on the people out cooking meth, or drug court, or something you may know something about. Just quit being Barry’s little lap dog and pretending you know something about football. I know... I know... here you come again with the tough guy comments. Just go away. 

Smith County football fans et al.... judging by some of the comments on what it takes to win I’m assuming most of you posting here never have and if you happened to be on a team that did, it wasn’t because of you. It’s apparent that you have also never coached anything successfully, otherwise you would understand the way things are being done is not how you do them. I don’t want to hear about you were part of this, or that, or “the glory days”; it’s obvious you didn’t contribute but now that you’re grown you want to be heard. The staff will be fine and the program will be fine, but you fans... you fans are a piece of work. Ignorant, unrealistic, and stuck in the past. The football program and your marriages would probably be better off if you guys would just stay home with your wives on Friday nights. I’m glad I moved away and don’t have to deal with you people anymore. With that, I will slip away once again and watch from the shadows (yeah Glover...silently. It’s that guy you have to worry about) and shake my head in silence. 

Dirty Bird Out!

I got 20 on glover

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 9:24 AM, DirtyBird18 said:

And NOW...

The moment you’ve all been waiting for...

The Final Word from the Dirty Bird. 

Dear Barry and Glover, you both know nothing about football and it’s people like you who have made this once proud program the laughing stock of the area. Please stop. 

Barry, maybe if you would let people who know what they’re doing actually be in charge of something, our athletic teams and entire school system would be a little better. Consistently micromanaging is a sign of either weakness or incompetence... perhaps both.  This isn’t Trousdale and your name isn’t Satterfield. 

Glover, boy I could go on for days with you... but let’s focus on issues at hand. Shouldn’t you be focusing on the people out cooking meth, or drug court, or something you may know something about. Just quit being Barry’s little lap dog and pretending you know something about football. I know... I know... here you come again with the tough guy comments. Just go away. 

Smith County football fans et al.... judging by some of the comments on what it takes to win I’m assuming most of you posting here never have and if you happened to be on a team that did, it wasn’t because of you. It’s apparent that you have also never coached anything successfully, otherwise you would understand the way things are being done is not how you do them. I don’t want to hear about you were part of this, or that, or “the glory days”; it’s obvious you didn’t contribute but now that you’re grown you want to be heard. The staff will be fine and the program will be fine, but you fans... you fans are a piece of work. Ignorant, unrealistic, and stuck in the past. The football program and your marriages would probably be better off if you guys would just stay home with your wives on Friday nights. I’m glad I moved away and don’t have to deal with you people anymore. With that, I will slip away once again and watch from the shadows (yeah Glover...silently. It’s that guy you have to worry about) and shake my head in silence. 

Dirty Bird Out!

You went from " need to give coach more than to  years" to  " made this proud program a laughing stock".  So...... it became a "laughing stock" 1 day after the season ended or as soon as Murray was let go??  

Fans are a piece of work, don't know what it takes to win, never coached, don't understand the way things are done , ignorant , unrealistic and stuck in the past…. 

That sounds like an arrogant, hard headed, smarter that everybody else coach talking as he is walking out the door.

Thanks for your assessment ….COACH......good luck on your new.....endeavor??    

Edited by Reynard
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/9/2020 at 12:11 PM, Reynard said:

Smith County is like most small town teams. Talent goes in cycles, up and down, They always have a few very good players, but the key is developing the rest to maximize all they give you. The 2 that come to mind at SC that were good at that were Rankin and  Maynord.    

Well, at least we may see the end of the Wing helmets, uniforms, Dirty Birds stuff and the Hole can be the Hole again instead of the Owls Nest. I know, I know, I'm Old School, but never did like that stuff. But that's just me..

Your full of owl crap!

On 11/10/2020 at 12:31 PM, Reynard said:

Sometimes what the kids like, don't necessarily translate into better.

Richard Anderson tried the Michigan stripes on the helmets….flop 

Dirty Birds?   Dirty ….really?.

Owls Nest?  The only thing in a nest is eggs and/or  bird crap.

I know, I'm out of date and out of tune....  evidently

The michigan stripes didnt work. We beat yall 54-0 that year yall had those