Smith County looking for a new Head Coach

kingofthenorth

14 minutes ago, SmithCountyPride76 said:

new to the t but i am hearing an interesting name. hes outside the box but would definitley send some shock waves across the state. gallatins chad watson is the name i am hearing. no doubt he would get us going in the right direction quickly. hope its true. 

Why would he leave Gallatin? I’m assuming that would be a step down in pay. He’s a young guy I’m thinking so why would he basically be demoting himself to a lower classification with potentially a huge pay cut?

32 minutes ago, SmithCountyPride76 said:

new to the t but i am hearing an interesting name. hes outside the box but would definitley send some shock waves across the state. gallatins chad watson is the name i am hearing. no doubt he would get us going in the right direction quickly. hope its true. 

I know for a fact he inquired about the job when Maynard left. He never got a call back from the Principal then, it was a personal vendetta. So he has been interested before. That being said I don’t see him leaving Gallatin to come now though. 

1 hour ago, eers said:

Rumor has it there was a big booster that was unhappy. Question is do you want to make people happy or make your program better. I know this is a message board and a lot of the things said have no weight, but seriously we’re discussing uniforms, “Owls Nest”, etc as having ANY influence and impact on a football coach having a job. It sounds like to me there are bigger issues at SC. 

I don't think ANYBODY said it had an impact on the coaching job,  And it would take more than ONE big booster to have an impact on the coaching job,    

31 minutes ago, Reynard said:

I don't think ANYBODY said it had an impact on the coaching job,  And it would take more than ONE big booster to have an impact on the coaching job,    

I don’t think it would take more than one if that one had the ear of the superintendent. It’s a small place and the superintendent is more involved than most places. That can be good or bad depending on which side of the road you’re standing on. 

1 hour ago, H2Oman said:

Why would he leave Gallatin? I’m assuming that would be a step down in pay. He’s a young guy I’m thinking so why would he basically be demoting himself to a lower classification with potentially a huge pay cut?

good question. could be job security or getting closer to family. would be great imo. the hole would be the hole again soon

1 hour ago, H2Oman said:

I believe he prepped at nearby Macon County.

2 minutes ago, kingofthenorth said:

Why would Watson want it? His OC might. Have heard numerous names but this is the first time for him. 

No idea why Watson would even consider it, Gallatin is a much better job. As far as the OC there, I watched them play and their offense was suspect at bead, and at times horrific... good luck with that. 

5 hours ago, SmithCountyPride76 said:

Sorry, not happening.