Let's talk " West Ridge High School Wolves " Sullivan County / Kingsport

kingindian33

I read today that estimates were 1450 students .....Now they are saying add possibly 500-600 students to that # .. So they will stay 5a ? 

I see that the schedule was released and they will meet up with DB next year (out of conference ) .. Being a South graduate but a DB fan (all my life ) , I'm kinda excited to see what they can do in the coming years .. A lot of good athletes in the 3 county schools over the years (especially North and South , but Central does produce some athletes )  

I will be at their first Home Game just to support the players that have been forced to come together !

Yeah, even West Ridge's own Facebook page when announcing their AD yesterday made the mistake of saying "approximately 1900 students".  Yeah, I would venture to guess they'll be bumped up to 6A.

From TriCitiesSports.com:

The school was also done no favors in Monday’s official press release by Sullivan County Director of Schools Dr. David A. Cox announcing Anthony Richardson as Athletics Director at West Ridge High School. “currently under construction, that will open to approximately 1,900 students in the fall of 2021 with the consolidation of Sullivan South, Sullivan North and Sullivan Central High Schools.

Edited by SWVAHavokFan
Source for West Ridge having 1900 students

If what I’m understanding is true that DB had only 60ish varsity players at the end of the regular season and cut 20 some from the team for the playoffs due to increased chance of getting COVID introduced into the team, that would drop the # down into the 40’s and they graduate 31 seniors, that leaves very few returning next year, and the talk on the street is that some will be transferring  to West Ridge.  What talent pool will the upcoming classes have, having watched the middle schools play the last several years neither one has done very well.