Let's talk " West Ridge High School Wolves " Sullivan County / Kingsport

kingindian33

Over the years, I've seen some darn good athletes at all  of the schools that will make up this new school. I think with good coaches and a strong strength program,this could be the making of something special in future years .Maybe like Jeff county was back in the day ?

Edited by BatmanDB

On 11/10/2020 at 7:17 PM, kingindian33 said:

I do have one ?  It's not to related to this , but has anyone seen the QB from Robinson play ? He is a Beast , looks to be already close to 6ft and people are already raving about him and this Robinson team 

Teagan Begley. just a 7th grader. The best middle school QB I've seen in Kingsport. Had 4 TD passes against Sevier in the "City Championship". 

On 11/10/2020 at 7:20 PM, Oldrebel63 said:

If what I’m understanding is true that DB had only 60ish varsity players at the end of the regular season and cut 20 some from the team for the playoffs due to increased chance of getting COVID introduced into the team, that would drop the # down into the 40’s and they graduate 31 seniors, that leaves very few returning next year, and the talk on the street is that some will be transferring  to West Ridge.  What talent pool will the upcoming classes have, having watched the middle schools play the last several years neither one has done very well.

Lol!  What you're understanding is not true. They do graduate 31 seniors and will probably be down next year from what they were this year. But the cupboard is not bare. "Talk on the Street" is that some players at South will be transferring to DB.  Robinson went 6-1 this year and has the best QB in the area.  Sevier has good athletes but terrible coaching. West Ridge will probably hire Stacy Carter as head coach. I think Science Hill has had their fill of him. He can't take one of the most athletic schools in the state past a 7-3 record and first round exit in the playoffs. But it would be awesome to see them hire Clark. They'd be one heck of a "first half team"

2 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Were they put in 6A and appealed to go down to 5A?  Confused as to what they are trying to accomplish

2 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

First projections had them in 5a based off that enrollment number. TSSAA said no and now will be in 6a region 1

What happened was they submitted an enrollment of 1448.  Then whoever does their Facebook page said the other day "...will open in the fall 0f 2021 with an approximate enrollment of 1900..."

Um yeah... that'll get you every time.

15 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Lol!  What you're understanding is not true. They do graduate 31 seniors and will probably be down next year from what they were this year. But the cupboard is not bare. "Talk on the Street" is that some players at South will be transferring to DB.  Robinson went 6-1 this year and has the best QB in the area.  Sevier has good athletes but terrible coaching. West Ridge will probably hire Stacy Carter as head coach. I think Science Hill has had their fill of him. He can't take one of the most athletic schools in the state past a 7-3 record and first round exit in the playoffs. But it would be awesome to see them hire Clark. They'd be one heck of a "first half team"

So it West Ridge hires Stacey, where does the Hill go??

Hire in house??

Go outside and get a Big time proven coach??

If West Ridge don't hire South's coach, where will he end up?? A lot of thing will be going on in the off season.

Because I believe the Hill has talent available. The couple games I have been to, they just don't pack the stands like they should (IMO).

Edited by Footballfun

If SH or any local team were to start winning championships at the 5a or 6a level and be a contender every year,folks would most definitely pack the stands for that team .Until a lot of folks see success,they are not going to get excited. Some fans never sway like the many thousands at Neyland but others are not going to reward below average success on the field.It took me 40 years to take off the orange shades and be able to say Tennessee either had it or they flat out stink some years.I use to be able look at a 6-5 year as potential for the Vols and now I just say what I think when I see it.Still, I'm not going to lie, if they were 0-6 and had Bama on the ropes,my orange blood would boil atleast until they missed a game winning field goal and cost me a TV....No, that's more like my brother but it might cost me a TV controller.

6 hours ago, Footballfun said:

So it West Ridge hires Stacey, where does the Hill go??

Hire in house??

Go outside and get a Big time proven coach??

If West Ridge don't hire South's coach, where will he end up?? A lot of thing will be going on in the off season.

Because I believe the Hill has talent available. The couple games I have been to, they just don't pack the stands like they should (IMO).

We're all just speculating of course but I'd say their going to hire a very average coach from the area. It'll be someone that has ties to whoever is in charge of making the hire. He'll be a 6-4 or 7-3, first round exit type coach. The more I think about it just moving the South coach over there makes the most sense. Science Hill would probably give Carter a raise to keep him. He'll never take them past one playoff win but he does have beating DB down pat. And thats all they care about in Johnson City.

• Thanks 1