Riverside travels to Waverly Quarterfinals

vandyfan1

Waverly is rolling and will continue to roll! Gotta keep executing and getting better everyday! Waverly has been building consistency since returning from 3 week Covid-cation and are building momentum! 

Just throwing it out there.... I called it when a lot of ppl doubted them. Super young team we have and I’ve been saying this team will be in the semi finals! One game away! Can’t let Riverside do what they did to us last year! I just think we have too many weapons and are well balanced! Looking forward to it Riverside

At first i compared Waverly to the 2018 team more. After seeing the 3rd Q they are closer to the 2017 team. They have a fast stanfield, a QB who can make you bite very hard on play action, and a perhaps better defense. Forrest played out of their minds in the 2nd Q and kept it close. 3rd Q was all Waverly and it was completely dominant 

5 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

At first i compared Waverly to the 2018 team more. After seeing the 3rd Q they are closer to the 2017 team. They have a fast stanfield, a QB who can make you bite very hard on play action, and a perhaps better defense. Forrest played out of their minds in the 2nd Q and kept it close. 3rd Q was all Waverly and it was completely dominant 

Our defense is definitely better than 2017/18 I think anyways.

This Waverly team is well coached. You can really see it in the half time adjustments we have made all year. This is a young talented team that has been through a lot of adversity. (Coaching change, injuries, Covid) Waverly WILL be ready for Riverside. Even though we are A LOT better team than last year, Waverly players and coaches haven’t forgot what happened last year with Riverside. Waverly will not let that happen again!

Riverside will try some trick plays like that reverse pass crap they pulled on Eagleville and I think they will try to run that reverse play also to set up that pass off of it. Some might say Frosty was saving or sandbagging the first game but I don’t believe so. I don’t think Riverside matches up well with us and I think this will be at least a two touchdown victory for Waverly. Waverly will mix it up on offense to keep the panthers on their toes and our line play is absolutely on point right now and that will be the difference in this game. Waverly will advance to the semifinals to take on McKenzie!