Hardin County @ Lexington - Rematch

tigerpride22

3 hours ago, TheCommissioner said:

I thought each school got halves on the tickets to sell Monday and Tuesday’s then they would go live after parents and family had a chance to purchase.  By halving the ticket count it kept one school from buying all of them 

The link that is shared can allow you to buy either based on honesty which in this case was thrown on the window. The fault really lies with how the links are distributed. The allotment is by home and visitor but only personal character keeps you honest. Lexington just took the head start and got a jump on the tickets by sharing the link early among parents then posting it on their QB Club at straight up noon and it was a free for all after that. The week before some were posting that they had bought the other teams tickets.:-?

2 minutes ago, HCTiger56 said:

The link that is shared can allow you to buy either based on honesty which in this case was thrown on the window. The fault really lies with how the links are distributed. The allotment is by home and visitor but only personal character keeps you honest. Lexington just took the head start and got a jump on the tickets by sharing the link early among parents then posting it on their QB Club at straight up noon and it was a free for all after that. The week before some were posting that they had bought the other teams tickets.:-?

I knew something happened. I always wait till when public is allowed to get tickets to see if any left. If I had got any I would definitely give them up to a players family, but I didn’t get any. But if I had a son on the team and didn’t have a ticket, I would walk in that place Friday night and watch him play. You can bet on that!

• Like 1

The problem lies with the TSSAA.  Some venus may only be able to hold only 1,000 spectators.  Others like Hardin County and Lexington are capable of holding much more.  The TSSAA has a real problem with high school sports and how they control decisions which should be made at the school level.  If anyone has watched high school football this year the officiating continues to be just awful.  This needs to be addressed by the TSSAA and ensure they are putting capable (and I am stressing capable) officials on the field.  Every parent should have an opportunity to see their child play and it should not have to be a race to obtain a ticket.  I think most families knew as the playoffs approached this was going to be an issue and were concerned about being able to see their children participate.  To bad the TSSAA leadership did not take the time to come up with a better strategy to allow all parents (and then) spectators to have this opportunity..

1 hour ago, ramblingwreck said:

The problem lies with the TSSAA.  Some venus may only be able to hold only 1,000 spectators.  Others like Hardin County and Lexington are capable of holding much more.  The TSSAA has a real problem with high school sports and how they control decisions which should be made at the school level.  If anyone has watched high school football this year the officiating continues to be just awful.  This needs to be addressed by the TSSAA and ensure they are putting capable (and I am stressing capable) officials on the field.  Every parent should have an opportunity to see their child play and it should not have to be a race to obtain a ticket.  I think most families knew as the playoffs approached this was going to be an issue and were concerned about being able to see their children participate.  To bad the TSSAA leadership did not take the time to come up with a better strategy to allow all parents (and then) spectators to have this opportunity..

To add to what you have mentioned, the TSSAA is blocking any streaming service that competes with theirs..... ridiculous! They want fans to sign up and pay for a service that is spotty at best. No commentators, it just follows the ball. This is a slap in the face IMO. 

I am all for just doing away the TSSAA and starting over with a true governing body that is slim and efficient in its practices. 

All the cloudy eligibility rules, and having AD's of school serve on the board is shameful. 

Edited by ManOfMillions
  • Like 4

On 11/16/2020 at 9:00 PM, ManOfMillions said:

I second this motion! I will be calling the SGC @ Milan game Friday night but I will have my ears open for this game and the Haywood vs Ripley game.

Sounds like you get to watch a great one as well. I'll be keeping an eye on SGC/Milan.

Good luck to the Hornets, I hope you can get out with the dub.

6 hours ago, HCTiger56 said:

I will admit to buying a Jackson SS ticket when they came to us BUT we didn’t buy them until Thursday afternoon. I felt like it was open at that point

2 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

I will admit to buying a Jackson SS ticket when they came to us BUT we didn’t buy them until Thursday afternoon. I felt like it was open at that point

I agree completely. Once it's to the Tuesday public release it's fair game and shouldn't even be listed by team just public, but to blatantly release early is not. 

6 hours ago, ramblingwreck said:

They did have a strategy. Parents on Monday. Fair game after that. At this point everybody knows this. Bottom line to Me is if someone bought a ticket on Monday that’s no a parent of a football player, cheerleader or band member, then they didn’t play by the rules. 

6 hours ago, ramblingwreck said:

The problem does lie with TSSAA and schools being dishonest and TSSAA continues to allow them to do wrong 

50 minutes ago, HCTiger56 said:

I agree completely. Once it's to the Tuesday public release it's fair game and shouldn't even be listed by team just public, but to blatantly release early is not. 

Lexington blatantly released the tickets early and it was no mistake 

6 hours ago, BLACKFRIDAY said:

Sounds like you get to watch a great one as well. I'll be keeping an eye on SGC/Milan.

Good luck to the Hornets, I hope you can get out with the dub.

Thanks man, We are probably going to need some luck. Milan is really good. They have a bunch of athletes, and they are well coached. SGC has a ton of heart, and will give it their best shot. I would not count out the cardiac kids just yet. 

Its a small glimmer of hope but we scored more points against Milan than any other team not named Peabody. Only problem is it was 14 points! 

1 hour ago, jobi said:

Lexington blatantly released the tickets early and it was no mistake 

Explain how a school can release tickets before the TSSAA releases them.  If not, how did Lexington blatantly release them when TSSAA is the one that releases them?  Your gripe is with TSSAA. Once the tickets go live they are going to be purchased.