Haywood vs ripley rematch round 3

Kruger77

On 11/16/2020 at 11:25 AM, reddyrebel6 said:

My opinion is Haywood has five games to fill and that won't be easy in the area. Germantown probly won't happen, Olive Branch basically breached their deal this year so most likely no. Henry County up in the air. Gonna be tricky for sure. Maybe Nashville area. 

Covington and Lexington likely plus five region games. 

On 11/16/2020 at 4:30 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Zero chance for RIPLEY....

I would say this is an absurd statement. Haywood is the favorite based on the regular season game. However, teams that get beat in the regular season by a certain team have been known to avenge that loss in the playoffs. Sometimes a team doesn't accept that they are supposed to lose and scratches and claws their way to a victory. After many years of watching this game I can say with absolute certainty that anyone at this point in the year has a chance. Either way I am very proud of both of these Region 7-4A teams and coaches for still playing at this time of year, and navigating very difficult times in society and the world with all the issues they have dealt with this season. 

39 minutes ago, Allthetalk said:

I would say this is an absurd statement. Haywood is the favorite based on the regular season game. However, teams that get beat in the regular season by a certain team have been known to avenge that loss in the playoffs. Sometimes a team doesn't accept that they are supposed to lose and scratches and claws their way to a victory. After many years of watching this game I can say with absolute certainty that anyone at this point in the year has a chance. Either way I am very proud of both of these Region 7-4A teams and coaches for still playing at this time of year, and navigating very difficult times in society and the world with all the issues they have dealt with this season. 

Do you think Gatlinburg Pittman can beat Alcoa tomorrow?  I get what you are saying but I just feel like there some games where two teams line up and unless something out of the ordinary happens on team has no chance of winning just cause the other is that much better. I feel like that is the case here. 

The Tigers' history against the Tomcats as of recent years has not been pretty at all. Haywood has DOMINATED this "rivalry" in every way since Ripley's last win in 2014. But let's be real, no one expected the Tigers to be where they are right now either. Been a crazy year so far, maybe it gets even crazier when the Cinderella story Tigers upset the Tomcats. I'll take Ripley 28-24!:thumb:

14 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Do you think Gatlinburg Pittman can beat Alcoa tomorrow?  I get what you are saying but I just feel like there some games where two teams line up and unless something out of the ordinary happens on team has no chance of winning just cause the other is that much better. I feel like that is the case here. 

So Haywood and Alcoa are comparable now? No disrespect to the Tomcats, but I believe Alcoa is a bad comparison due to the year in and year out Gold balls that flow through there. Springfield has proven the last few years that you don't have to be as big and as athletic as Haywood to win the game, and believe me I am not saying the Ripley will win this game. I am saying they have a chance and to say zero chance for THIS game is absurd I believe. Again, Haywood is the favorite and maybe the better team, BUT the better team and or favorite doesn't always win this time a year and that is all I was getting at. I am sure those kids at Ripley are working hard just like the ones in Haywood in preparation to win the game. 

17 minutes ago, Allthetalk said:

So Haywood and Alcoa are comparable now? No disrespect to the Tomcats, but I believe Alcoa is a bad comparison due to the year in and year out Gold balls that flow through there. Springfield has proven the last few years that you don't have to be as big and as athletic as Haywood to win the game, and believe me I am not saying the Ripley will win this game. I am saying they have a chance and to say zero chance for THIS game is absurd I believe. Again, Haywood is the favorite and maybe the better team, BUT the better team and or favorite doesn't always win this time a year and that is all I was getting at. I am sure those kids at Ripley are working hard just like the ones in Haywood in preparation to win the game. 

My comparison was not with Haywood and Alcoa. I was saying that in my opinion the gap between Haywood and Ripley is equivalent to the gap between Alcoa and GP. When the final buzzer sounds tomorrow night I truly believe neither one of those games will be close. 

1 hour ago, FridayMainEvent said:

We had a great talk with Haywood Head Coach Chris Smith last night on the Friday Main Event about this game.   He joined us at the 1 hour mark of this video if you'd like to hear what he had to say:

Chris Smith on The Friday Main Event

Some very valid points about the new conference and the difficulty Haywood is having filling a schedule. Ripley and Dyersburg both ended the rivalries, so I say we send Ripley out with a big old frown on their faces. So far just six games scheduled with Covington and Lexington added.