3rd Moore Co at Fayetteville

DiamondRaider11

3 hours ago, Richmond30 said:

I saw a video of one of our boys score a touchdown on the Moore County side. He walks over to hand the ball to the ref by the pylon. There are grown men standing on the track 20 feet away screaming at him like they are going to come out there and fight him. And for what? What did this kid do to these grown men that would make it acceptable for them to treat him that way? And you yourself called us the ghetto/hood tigers after the first game and then later deleted it. We are not perfect but I have personally heard unprovoked racist and horrible things said to and about our boys at multiple places. These classless acts were from people wearing baby blue. People don’t like that they dance when the music is playing or try to pump up the crowd. People don’t understand a culture that is different than theirs so they automatically try to tear it down. It’s unfortunate thing our boys have to deal with. I am proud of them for not responding to the “adults” on the other sidelines. 

I agree! Coaching against these kids 2x this year , they are great kids! They have fun , play hard, and well coached. People only talk about class when they are losing to the opposition, don't worry about the haters. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Raider2021 said:

No way would I ever support a team with attitudes as I have witnessed from this group. Athletic for sure but very classless. I can see why Lincoln County dont get along with them. I hear it all the time at work but I've actually witnessed it twice this year. 

You really just seem like a sore loser who can’t seem to get over the fact that the better team has beaten your team twice this year. All of your childish and petty comments on a public thread that you know most of the players read speaks volume of your character. It’s football! There’s talk and reaction on both sides in every game so maybe you need to open your eyes and get past your hatred(or jealousy) because your team and fans have been far from “classy.” 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DiamondRaider11 said:

No way would I ever support a team with attitudes as I have witnessed from this group. Athletic for sure but very classless. I can see why Lincoln County dont get along with them. I hear it all the time at work but I've actually witnessed it twice this year. 

And im sure alot of people could say alot about Moore County. Fayetteville City is Lincoln County duhh.. Lincoln County is a place so how can you see anything besides buildings because a place doesnt have a mouth or feelings. You dont know what goes on in the community because you dont live here. You said it right HEARD.. I hear it all the time at work, all sport events,  and from other schools about Moore County and the racisim they say. I cant even count the things I have HEARD and WITNESSED from those kids myself, but it is taught by the PARENTS. No one is born that way, but you dont see me being negative. AGAIN, everyone should be happy to see a team representing their Region in the playoffs.. but thats too much like DOING RIGHT because its so much easier to DO WRONG!! So look in the mirror since you want to talk about what CITY does, what are you DOING.. #classless

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Richmond30 said:

I saw a video of one of our boys score a touchdown on the Moore County side. He walks over to hand the ball to the ref by the pylon. There are grown men standing on the track 20 feet away screaming at him like they are going to come out there and fight him. And for what? What did this kid do to these grown men that would make it acceptable for them to treat him that way? And you yourself called us the ghetto/hood tigers after the first game and then later deleted it. We are not perfect but I have personally heard unprovoked racist and horrible things said to and about our boys at multiple places. These classless acts were from people wearing baby blue. People don’t like that they dance when the music is playing or try to pump up the crowd. People don’t understand a culture that is different than theirs so they automatically try to tear it down. It’s unfortunate thing our boys have to deal with. I am proud of them for not responding to the “adults” on the other sidelines. 

Man this is the truest words I’ve read on Coacht all year.  This is the case for many of these young men.  I’m glad you have their backs.  Everybody should.  In the end they are still kids that just need to be accepted for who they are not who people want them to be.  

+1000

• Like 2

On 11/21/2020 at 10:38 AM, mrbigster said:

Does the qb throw pretty well and does he run very much or mostly the running backs? I saw where they did catch Moore Co on a fake punt.Thanks for the info.Congrats to both teams

Holdmeyer is a big kid with a strong arm.   He's their "passing" QB.   Moore County did a nice job against their pass as White and Cashion played lights out Friday NIght.   I thought Coach Morson made the call of the night bringing Graham Pace in and running strictly Wildcat for a long time consuming drive early in the 4th quarter.   I think it was 26-21 at the time and Moore County had taken over momentum prior to that change behind center.    

The most notable difference to me between the two teams was speed.   Fayetteville has a ton of it.   Moore County also has some speed, but not all over the field like City did.    I thought Coach White and his staff had a great game plan coming in.    Fayetteville ran a fake punt 40 something yards for a TD in the first half and that was another momentum killer for the Boys in Blue.   

Both teams played well and I came away impressed with all.   I thought Kyler Parker did an excellent job keeping MC in the game.   Kid is very talented and plays with alot of heart.

Coach White's youngest son is bad to the bone!  Look for him to be a standout next year.

23 hours ago, Richmond30 said:

Props to you my friend for taking a stand. We at South Pittsburg have also witnessed this first hand many times. Hope to get the chance to battle with the Tigers in Cookeville.

38 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Holdmeyer is a big kid with a strong arm.   He's their "passing" QB.   Moore County did a nice job against their pass as White and Cashion played lights out Friday NIght.   I thought Coach Morson made the call of the night bringing Graham Pace in and running strictly Wildcat for a long time consuming drive early in the 4th quarter.   I think it was 26-21 at the time and Moore County had taken over momentum prior to that change behind center.    

The most notable difference to me between the two teams was speed.   Fayetteville has a ton of it.   Moore County also has some speed, but not all over the field like City did.    I thought Coach White and his staff had a great game plan coming in.    Fayetteville ran a fake punt 40 something yards for a TD in the first half and that was another momentum killer for the Boys in Blue.   

Both teams played well and I came away impressed with all.   I thought Kyler Parker did an excellent job keeping MC in the game.   Kid is very talented and plays with alot of heart.

Coach White's youngest son is bad to the bone!  Look for him to be a standout next year.

I thought Moore Co might have been the fastest team overall.Then that could make things interesting Friday night.

The game Friday night was one of the best I have ever seen in 1A.  Everyone should be proud to have had the opportunity to be a part of such a contest.  The crowd was fantastic.  Both teams played hard and showed class.  Congratulations to MC for a stellar year!  I think they had the best passing offense I've seen in our Region since Fayetteville started playing varsity football.   It's great to have good neighbors!  I'm super happy the Tigers were able to advance against such a great team.  It would be great if everyone would be kind to one another and Region 5 would throw some love our way.  Go Tigers!!!

• Thanks 1

Don't be so quick to blame the resentment on culture. Many people are taught that football is a team game and not an individual sport. Glory goes to the team. Avoid actions that draw attention to yourself. Show respect. Don't taunt the opponent. My coaches taught this. I'm a much bigger Barry Sanders fan  than Michael Irvin. Don't play the heel role toward another sideline and then complain about the response you get. This goes for WWE or TSSAA. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2