McMinn Co at Dobyns Bennett Decision on Monday

CoachT

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

In week 6 DB had some type of covid issue (we never found out exactly) and they let Boone know a couple of days before the game.    Or maybe the health dept did it, I'm not sure.
There was a lot of finger pointing, speculation, "I heard...", "they say...", etc. but in the end the game was cancelled.     Boone claimed DB never gave them enough info, DB claimed Boone was just afraid to play (which is ridiculous, we knew last year when the game was scheduled we would lose.... Boone schedules several non-winnable games each year).    I have no idea who was really at fault in that one but DB did let us know a few days before game time.
There is something about this MCMINN game though that does not pass the smell test....  the word leaks out 40 minutes before the game starts?!?!?     Nah, not buying it, something is fishy somewhere....

The player in question in that instance was a JV player who had no contact with the Varsity players. (according to the staff). There was a little trash talk about Boone cancelling but they did the right thing. Why risk it for a non conference game.

18 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

The player in question in that instance was a JV player who had no contact with the Varsity players. (according to the staff). There was a little trash talk about Boone cancelling but they did the right thing. Why risk it for a non conference game.

Exactly, the point being that DB notified Boone several days in advance, not 40 minutes before kickoff....  something not right about this MCMINN situation..

10 minutes ago, Tab said:

The Tssaa waiting until Monday is crazy. Bill Lee needs to clean the Tssaa out or everyone needs to contact their local Representative and they need to take over and clean Tssaa out. 

Governor Lee has no authority over the TSSAA. It is not a government agency. It is an independent non profit (yeah I laugh at that, too, but they do have nonprofit status) that the schools voluntarily submit to as their athletics regulatory body.