McMinn Co at Dobyns Bennett Decision on Monday

CoachT

On 11/14/2020 at 7:58 PM, gecko said:

He probably got a quick test done and got a negative result letter. He came to game with parents. Has nothing to do with the team or school. 

The other test was probably given Tuesday and returned Friday. The quick test was probably done Friday. You can be positive on Tuesday and negative on Friday. Rapid tests come back in 15 minutes. Still wasn't the team's fault. 

The thing is, once you're positive, there is a mandatory 10 day quarantine. No questions. No negatively testing out of it. Doesn't matter if you take 15 tests the next day and they are all negative. You are in quarantine status and can't be removed from it. It is a legal quarantine, not a suggestion. Whoever thinks that a negative test means something within 10 days of a positive test was very misinformed. I've known several people in quarantine, spoken to Health Departments and school officials many times. If he was positive, he should have stayed HOME for 10 days (along with his household contacts staying home for 14 days if quarantining separately or 24 days if quarantining together with him). This data is so readily available on school system/TSSAA/health department websites that it is hard to believe that anyone doesn't understand that by now. Anyway -- I'm not even arguing anyway towards the decision in this because the given facts seem all over the place...but just pointing out that a negative test doesn't matter. Bad situation.

2 minutes ago, carolebaskin said:

The thing is, once you're positive, there is a mandatory 10 day quarantine. No questions. No negatively testing out of it. Doesn't matter if you take 15 tests the next day and they are all negative. You are in quarantine status and can't be removed from it. It is a legal quarantine, not a suggestion. Whoever thinks that a negative test means something within 10 days of a positive test was very misinformed. I've known several people in quarantine, spoken to Health Departments and school officials many times. If he was positive, he should have stayed HOME for 10 days (along with his household contacts staying home for 14 days if quarantining separately or 24 days if quarantining together with him). This data is so readily available on school system/TSSAA/health department websites that it is hard to believe that anyone doesn't understand that by now. Anyway -- I'm not even arguing anyway towards the decision in this because the given facts seem all over the place...but just pointing out that a negative test doesn't matter. Bad situation.

Then how do you explain Nick Saban being positive one day then receiving 3 negative test the next 3 days then allowed to coach? 

10 minutes ago, AmericanSniper said:

Then how do you explain Nick Saban being positive one day then receiving 3 negative test the next 3 days then allowed to coach? 

This has also been used in the NFL.  And given that Saban was probably around the entire team and coaches within 48 hours of the first positive, if the guidelines indicated in this thread were used the entire Alabama team should have been isolated.  But the subsequent tests with Saban not showing any symptoms at all - plus I believe a negative test the day or so before, seemed to allude to the fact that the negative result was incorrect.

Edited by TNVolFan2000

3 minutes ago, AmericanSniper said:

Nick is the exception to all the COVID rules, apparently. For real. I don't know. I just know that dealing with schools and Tennessee Department of Health and TSSAA - the rules are that a positive test requires a 10 day quarantine. (not an expert, just someone who has read over these rules many times).