McMinn Co at Dobyns Bennett Decision on Monday

CoachT

7 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

7:00 pm est. Was that on Monday? The TSSAA said they would render a decision Monday. They can’t wait till the decision is made and THEN send the information! I’m not buying it. I call for a full investigation of this situation. Something just doesn’t feel right with McMinn and their health department. I’d like to see the figures of how many of their players missed games due to Covid or Covid Tracing this season. I don’t know the stats. But it would be interesting to see them. Anyone else feeling this or am I a conspiracy theorist?

What are you getting at?  All I am pointing out is that it takes a while to contact trace.  I think they worked all day to make it happen and submitted information at 7.  I have no idea what the information said, but the TSSAA statement was they did not receive anything, which was not a true statement.  

6 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

What are you getting at?  All I am pointing out is that it takes a while to contact trace.  I think they worked all day to make it happen and submitted information at 7.  I have no idea what the information said, but the TSSAA statement was they did not receive anything, which was not a true statement.  

What do you mean it takes a while to contract trace. We were told they contact traced earlier in the week last week. Doing the trace on Monday doesn't help anything on last Friday night

5 minutes ago, mikeslau said:

What do you mean it takes a while to contract trace. We were told they contact traced earlier in the week last week. Doing the trace on Monday doesn't help anything on last Friday night

My assumption is that they went through the process again to try and give TSSAA with out a doubt all was good.  I really don't know, it is just interesting to me that local paper says info was sent to TSSAA, but they say they did not receive it.  

1 hour ago, BigDaddyDave said:

7:00 pm est. Was that on Monday? The TSSAA said they would render a decision Monday. They can’t wait till the decision is made and THEN send the information! I’m not buying it. I call for a full investigation of this situation. Something just doesn’t feel right with McMinn and their health department. I’d like to see the figures of how many of their players missed games due to Covid or Covid Tracing this season. I don’t know the stats. But it would be interesting to see them. Anyone else feeling this or am I a conspiracy theorist?

You're a conspiracy theorist.

• Like 1

I just want to say how bad I feel for both these teams not getting to play on the field to decide who advances, McMinn had one of its best teams in years, with only one loss to Maryville and DB had a good team as well, although they struggled late in the season and last week against Cleveland. If the game had been played, I think it would have been a low scoring. defensive game, McMinn lives by the run and DB does its best at stopping the run. However, COVID won another round and this game isn't going to get played and DB moves on to Maryville....sad for sure...

2 hours ago, logcabinman said:

Yes, this is what I understand.  The McMinn County Health department DID send contact tracing information.  All I can figure is that there was a timeline that was not met, but that is just a guess.  They said they sent it around 7 p.m est.

The decision was made around 6PM est.  From one article I read, it looks like the health department was dotting the i's and crossing the t's to ensure they didn't commit any HIPAA violations.

2 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

I just want to say how bad I feel for both these teams not getting to play on the field to decide who advances, McMinn had one of its best teams in years, with only one loss to Maryville and DB had a good team as well, although they struggled late in the season and last week against Cleveland. If the game had been played, I think it would have been a low scoring. defensive game, McMinn lives by the run and DB does its best at stopping the run. However, COVID won another round and this game isn't going to get played and DB moves on to Maryville....sad for sure...

Goodur post.....Sad fer tha kids.....Agree 100%....:thumb: