Playoffs - Quarterfinals - Oak Ridge vs West

CardinalGrey

15 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

OR has been my sleeper team all year long, and it wouldn't surprise me to see them pull this off. That said, I'm taking West by 10. Injuries aside, they've been steady week in and week out, and I think that consistency pays off again this week.

I can honestly see this going either way. OR has improved tremendously! That D held Powell to the same amount. I think their defense is as good as West if not better.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, KnoxVil said:

I can honestly see this going either way. OR has improved tremendously! That D held Powell to the same amount. I think their defense is as good as West if not better.

Agreed, Vil. I think the thing that OR has to watch out for is that inconsistent play that has plagued them at times in 2020.

2 hours ago, KnoxVil said:

No way is it better, or even as good for that matter. Powell put up 200+ rushing yards on that D not long ago. Thank God they didn’t find their running game till it was too late. Actually, they still should’ve beaten us. Thank God again for that false start on that 2 point conversion. Nothing against our D, they’re really tough, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

Edited by SweetScience

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

No way is it better, or even as good for that matter. Powell put up 200+ rushing yards on that D not long ago. Thank God they didn’t find their running game till it was too late. Actually, they still should’ve beaten us. Thank God again for that false start on that 2 point conversion. Nothing against our D, they’re really tough, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

I agree. Our defense is good but not in the same league as West. Powell ran all over us in the second half and I doubt anyone has run all over West. But our defense has been solid all year long. I hope our D can hold West down to very few points.

49 minutes ago, catswild said:

I agree. Our defense is good but not in the same league as West. Powell ran all over us in the second half and I doubt anyone has run all over West. But our defense has been solid all year long. I hope our D can hold West down to very few points.

Barring the Farragut game, and the 2nd half in the Powell game they’ve been pretty dang solid, yes. Granted, I thought the first West game could’ve been much worse if they had of played their A game on offense that game, but thankfully for us they had a lot of self inflicted mistakes that game. I just hope we make it a great game. I will be giddy as he$& if we win though, no doubt. 

Edited by SweetScience

1 hour ago, catswild said:

Catholic pretty much had their way with West...granted some players were out but still that was one team.

One thing that cant be understated is how badly West wants this championship. Every opponent or everyone left in the bracket is worthy and no one should be overlooking any other team. 

Interesting stat - West has never lost a 3rd round playoff game in all of their playoff seasons. The second round and semifinals have been the least kind to the Rebels from Marble City.

• Upvote 1