Playoffs - Quarterfinals - Oak Ridge vs West

CardinalGrey

1 hour ago, Cactus Jack said:

Great effort by the Wildcats tonight, thought West had it in the bag going up 21-10, but OR came back with a nice drive to cut it to 21-17, then going up 24-21, but again West came back going up 28-24 with about 6 minutes left. The Wildcats got the go ahead score on a nice throw by Gibbons. Clutch play on 2nd and 18. Now OR needs to refocus because South-Doyle is on a roll, and has good players and coaching as well. 

I have to admit that I thought it was over at 21-10 and then I really thought the season had ended when they went up 28-24 with six minutes left. Little did we know.............

1 hour ago, ORcats said:

You took what i was thinking and put it into words.  I was worried about the offense, and the changes the coaches had made really gave us a lot more options.  I was happy to see the pass to Preston first play of the game, and happy to see Mitchell running up the field instead of just to the sidelines.  I just felt like we were using our talent better tonight.  I'm pretty pumped up about this win.

My sentiments exactly. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Amazing job by the coaches.Ive been wanting them to spread it out for so long and they ran a perfect offense.Ive been wanting 22 to play more offense and he showed why he needs to be in there.And tonight was the 14 Ive been waiting on.He makes this team so much better when he runs the ball and they feed off his toughness. J.Adams gave his all and I was worried we would wear him down and he kept fighting.The whole defense played fast and physical.Hopefully people realize by now J.Stewart is a playmaker and as clutch as they come.This team lost some key players and never quit.I give the staff so much credit for changing up the offense and putting together a great plan on defense.Loved watching Gaddis get after the refs at half and then fire his guys up before the 2nd half kick.I dont agree with everything Gaddis does but that man loves Oak Ridge as much as anybody.RWR

I don't agree with him a lot of the time but you're right...it was the "old Gaddis" getting after the refs, firing up his team, and making all the right moves. He's an Oak Ridge guy for sure! I totally agree about Turner (22) and hope he plays offense more next week. Stewart is a weapon!!!!! RWR!!!!!!!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Ah man, are you serious. I thought for sure he was riding with you.  He wouldn't have give me a piece of pizza anyway.  I'll see you two Friday in your usual spot.  

Great effort by the Cats.  First time they have put together a solid 48 min this season.  Hopefully, we can do it again next Fri. at the Ship.  Have to take advantage of a home game in the Semi's.  Who woulda thunk it?

You're right...FINALLY the offense did what it had to do to win a big game...a HUGE game against a great team. Gibbons was great and the plan was hard to believe but it worked like a charm. I'll be honest and tell you that I couldn't believe what I was watching in the first quarter and beyond on offense. Our star runner was split wide, our QB was running the ball more than Jackson, and we were playing with FIVE WIDE OUTS!!!!!!!  West never knew what hit them!

9 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Where’s Knoxvil(vul)?? Enquiring minds would like to know.

It's not the same guy bro. I know both of them. Lol.  That was a great game. Heavy weight battle.  Sort of reminded me of OR at Central. Colquitt vs Helton.  Good to be practicing on Thanksgiving. Been a long time.

Edited by oridgecat

3 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Jerry was gone after 89. Can’t remember if we played them then or not. I know we did 90-91 of course though.

SS I think you mean 91-92 right? That was the 42-41 overtime classic that sent OR to the championship game.  I was at that barnburner and the championship win over Gallitan.

90-91 Central knocked Rhea County out in the quarterfinals and Lincoln knocked out you guys the same week I think. Lincoln went on to beat Central in the semis and win the state that year. That Lincoln team had the biggest O line I have ever seen in highs school. 

• Like 1