Quarterfinals- Summit @ Beech

eers

16 minutes ago, eers said:

Most people miss that. They think that Beech just has better athletes than everyone and that’s why they’re successful, when in reality that is very rarely the case. Beech has an identity, they embrace that identity and they do just as you stated; they impose their will. I anticipate the same thing will happen tomorrow, but I believe it will be a close and hard fought game. Summit is a really good team and will come in believing they are going to win. I believe this will be close throughout and come down to execution and will. 

Beech 24
Summit 14

That is spot on!!!

11 hours ago, tandem said:

Don’t think Beech is going to “out athlete” anyone from here on out. 

Tysean Jefferson leads a 3 headed monster in the backfield for Beech. All 3 are incredible athletes and Jefferson is usually one of if not the best player on the field. As a whole, this statement is probably true. but Jefferson is special. 

9 hours ago, eers said:

Most people miss that. They think that Beech just has better athletes than everyone and that’s why they’re successful, when in reality that is very rarely the case. Beech has an identity, they embrace that identity and they do just as you stated; they impose their will. I anticipate the same thing will happen tomorrow, but I believe it will be a close and hard fought game. Summit is a really good team and will come in believing they are going to win. I believe this will be close throughout and come down to execution and will. 

Beech 24
Summit 14

Tysean is a special player. He’s arguably the best player on the field when he’s out there. But this as a whole is 100% correct. Year in and year out, it’s the same system, the same game plan. They haven’t consistently thrown the ball in years. you’re almost guaranteed to face 40+ rushes every game when you play them, but knowing what’s coming and stopping it are 2 very different things. Their motto is play for the brand. that brand they play for is the B and the swords on the helmet, and on the field. Like you said, they embrace the identity. They believe in the system. They give their all for the system. for each other. and it works.